• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lets talk Cornhuskers!!!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there going to make it. i was watching a show last night at about 2 am and they were talking to all the players about the new things that are changin, and the new ways things should get better. So i have a feeling, there going to be back into the top 25 soon

I've lived in Nebraska all my life and I'm sick of hearing about the Huskers. Can't even get away from it on a north country outdoors site like this. I'll sit down and watch a game on TV, but it's not my religion. Fellow Nebraskans---get a life!

the reason that you hear it all the time, is becuase the state is all about there football program there, i understand that it might get out of hand, but when the program goes from #1, down to where they were last few years, there is going to be talk about it, and things have to get fixed.

Don't forget the fact that there really isn't anything to do in Nebraska besides watch football. If you are from eastern Nebraska and want to fish you have to drive 250 miles to the nearest lake descent lake. Unless you want to fish the Mighty MUD river,(missouri river).

Duane

You mean the brown ditch? The fishing is pretty good in Nebraska, but you're right, it takes some petrol to get there. I was only agreeing with mikneb because I wish there were more people to provide fishing reports. I follow the 'skers because I live here, I was born and raised (to dislike that team) in the next state east grin.gif

On a side note, I am glad people post on the Nebraska forum, regardless of topic.

I grew up and learned to fish in Nebraska. Grew up in South Sioux, and fished Crystal Cove from the time I was 10 until I moved to Minneapolis. I happen to love the Missery River, especially upstream from Gavin's Point. There aren't as many lakes in Nebraska, for sure, but if you like fishing rivers (which I do), it's a great place to be. And if you go West just a few miles, there are fewer Hawkeye fans, which is nice.

The one thing I really like about getting rid of callahan, is decision making.

As a nebraska fan living in Minnesota, the football teams I root for, were coached by callahan, Denny Green/mike tice, Glen Mason... etc

YUK>

When I have to watch denny green take a knee, with the most explosive offense in NFL history (at the time)... and go "huh"

When I have to watch Glen Mason blow 31-7 lead on ohio st. 28-7 lead on Mich (and the gophers set an record for most rushing yards against a MICHIGAN team in that game, and still lost... they had MBIII AND LAWRENCE MARONEY in the same back field)... and Mason blew a 24-0 lead on NC st. and a 38-3 lead on Texas Tech.

AND when I have to watch f'ckhead callahan save timeouts when Texas is inside the 10, and there's 1:30 left, and they only need a chip shot field goal to win... only to burn those timeouts trying to freeze a kicker attempting what amounts to an extra point... and then lose the game within one completion of field goal distance....arggggh... oh, and then he has some sort of bizzarre game plan against USC two years ago, where I swear, he was just trying NOT to get blown out. What were those 6 rushing plays into the line of scrimmage at the end of the first half???

I just want a coach who makes solid decisions. I don't want to keep looking at the TV going "huh"???

CALLAHAN, MASON, and GREEN... you're always going "huh"???

I think I'll like bo.

I just hope that, if (and, let's face it, when) they lose games, they go down swinging. That's what cheesed me off last year. It was like they weren't even trying. And in the games they could've won, Callahan blew it for them (The Texas game, the Colorado game...).

Bo will have them looking a lot different this year. And within a few years, the Big Red could be in the top 10 again.

It's going to be a long off-season.

this is true, i would agree 100%.

Its not going to turn all around within one year, but i think they can really get the feet wet and try to crack the top 25. Im not sure if they can get there this year, but it would be nice to see a normal Big Red season.

Yep. Seems the Coaching staff has better rapport this time around...so far so good! :-) I dont know which is more rough waiting for...muskie opener or the football opener!!! hee hee :-)

GO HUSKERS!

Well, after two and "O", what do you guys think? I live here, but I gotta be honest I am a Longhorns fan for many reasons. I am however impressed so far. If they finish at .500, I will be super impressed. As rude as that sounds, considering the teams they are playing in that Big 12 conference, I just think that is being optimistic/realistic.

They should finish 7-5 or 8-4. I think they'll surprise a top 25 team this year.

The defense is getting better, but Bo doesn't quite have the horses in his stable yet. It'll be better than last year, but I don't expect miracles.

As for the big numbers being generated, well, that's what happens when a team plays a spread offense. That's why so many teams are converting to the spread right now. But the only thing that matters in the end is the W-L record, which I think will be much better than last year.

This year, they're building. Next year, they'll be in the top 25. The year after that, look out Big 12.