• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lets talk Cornhuskers!!!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebel-

I think you're right, but we're in Big 10 country, and State Penn and Ill Noise are both ranked. It happens. Your chouces are to go to Joe Senser's in Bloomington or listen online. It's just not right... I'll be listening tonight.

NU 28 - VT 17

Go Big Red!

I think you're right, but we're in Big 10 country, and State Penn and Ill Noise are both ranked. It happens. Your chouces are to go to Joe Senser's in Bloomington or listen online. It's just not right... I'll be listening tonight.

Yep... sad fact... that MN's a Big 10 country... Sure I cheer for the Gophers... but Big 10's nothing when compared to Big 12... plentiful of perrential powers in Big 12...

No chance on listening on the game... deaf here... so pretty much I have to rely on the internet with 1-2 minutes delay of getting infos...

Well... yeah next time... yes heartwrenching loss... but we really took it down to the wire with them... We'll see how the Huskers rebound from this loss for their game against Mizzou next week... and it'll be on National TV on ESPN!!!

It was a tough loss. But they were coming back... last year's team would have given up by halftime. I'm still proud of this team.

I found, right before gametime, a site where you can watch games outside of the coverage area for free. It's kindy clunky, but it works... check out channelsurfing dot net.

Guess what the "U" stands for on the sooners helmet? UNBEATABLE

I am going to "re-quote" this after the Texas game. Hook 'em Horns!!

On the subject, even though the Huskers lost, they looked really, really good. New team, new coach, bright future. Losing to VA Tech isn't anything to be ashamed of.

Well, the upset did not happen. They did not even look like tey were playing as a team. I am suprised our defense gave up that many points. Heck, 200 yards of passing in the first half alone for MU. We have so much work to do. I see 4 to 5 losses this year. I was hoping for better but the changes will come with time.

GO BIG RED!

4 to 5? You already are at two. Oklahoma, KU, Texas Tech, Colorado, oh my!!!!!!!!!! You are an optimist. 6 should about do it. Think "next year". This is a total rejuvenation of a program. One that will eat " " sandwiches for two years, then come back stronger than strong....only if the fans are that patient. Pelini is for real and you should have already seen the differences between this year and last year. Lots of passion this year.

Passion definitely are there as those fellas wouldnt give up til the final play... but not enough to bring back the Blackshirts...

On a side note... this loss was lopsided... but it wasnt anywhere like the USC loss last year... I know the score's very different, but realize that USC benched their starters in early 3rd while Mizzou kept theirs til halfway of 4th... USC game, Callahan's team just gave up after halftime... and Pelini's team kept on going and going... to me, thats progress... any true fans would expect for it to take time to get it going Pelini way... It all began with the old ways coming back, recognizing the former players, bringing back the walk-on program...

But at the same time, with Mizzou pulling away, I cant help but question why Pelini didnt give others a chance to show what they can do, or what they can learn... The game was already "over" at halftime, so it would've been fun to see those 2nd and 3rd string play...

It took Mark Mangini and Gary Pinkel couple years to really get their program to get going... but realize this... once Pelini gets the Blackshirts back to prominence... who's gonna be a regular contender on the top of the North Division??? Nebraska... seeing how Mangini and Pinkel are very offensive-minded...

Still have my faith no matter what in Pelini and the Cornhuskers...

Yep, it could be an ugly year. But it's not unexpected. Bob Stoops had an ugly first year, too, and look where they are now. It'll be okay... eventually. Bo needs recruits. We could use some defensive studs (a secondary would be nice), and a couple big-time receivers. I think there are a couple of good QBs on their way up, but the O-line needs some work on run blocking. It'll happen, but it takes time. These guys weren't developed very well by the previous staff. It will happen in the next couple years. Or, maybe I'm just blind from all the Kool-Aid.

Last night's game was painful to watch... Mizzou is an incredible team this year (as difficult as that is for me to say), and the Huskers have a long way to go. I'll just take solace in the fact that the Big Red will improve week to week, and Mizzou will get killed by the Sooners later this year.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: This year is not necessarily about the win-loss record. A bowl game would be awesome, but we'll see.

Last years team would've given up in the first half. This year's team came really close to upsetting a top 10 team. Next year's team might win this one. The foundation is being laid. You can see it every week.

The next couple games are very winnable... then it's OU, Kansas, and Colorado. I think they'll take at least one of those games, maybe two.

I think we have the right coach.

Day by day, we get better and better...