• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2007 Team Kitty Twisters

DTro

bgreen82, are you out there? Please respond with a "I'm still here" or "yep, still trying for a big one" or something of that sort. Just checking. If you are no longer interested in participating please let me know as there are alternates waiting in the wings.

Just so I'm clear, catching fish is NOT mandated. But communication is appreciated.

We are just about half way through this and I will be sending out these notices to suspect participants on each team.

Thanks

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're getting into the second half of the contest and arguably the best fishing of the year is over now so we need to try to get those goose eggs filled.

Larry cant carry us all! laugh.gif

I got a 34lber on Sun and a 36lber on Wen. I wish it could of been the other way around, we could use every inch we can get. I am gonna need close to a 40lber to upgrade my flat but my channel is very upgradable still.

Quote:

Well,

Rob you remember last year. If I can have anything close to a repeat.... In another week or two I'll be hitting my stride. Seems like late season is when I turn on the afterburners. Look out.

Even more reason to hook up! The second half of the season always seems slower for me. This year being all weird with the earlier than normal start might be different this year but who knows.

Yeah, I definitely need to get a channel cat. I can't believe I haven't gotten one yet. Been fishing with live bullies mostly til now though. I fished with cutbait all night Friday. About 7:05 I got a smaller fish on, thought for sure it was a channel cat...sure enough, it was one of those 4-ish lb 24 inch flatties.

I'll get one though, to be sure.

Both the channels I got this year have been on bullies. None over 10lbs yet but I usually get a couple nice ones a season while fishing with bullheads. I don't really mess with cut bait. After about 30mins with cut bait I feel like I am wasting time that could be spent with live bait. laugh.gif

Here's a 38lber I got last night. 40.5x29 Not an upgrade

100_1056.jpg

Quote:

Here's a 38lber I got last night. 40.5x29 Not an upgrade

100_1056.jpg

Whooooaaaaah Mama!! Thats a beast! smile.gif

Look at the head and gut on that thing! Not you Rob, the fish! wink.gif

Looks awefully similar to the 44lb in your avatar.

you and me both. im heading out to the sippi tomorrow night. back to a spot which has produced a few for a couple friends of mine but not me yet. probably will be out from about 8 - 12 or maybe a tad later. we will see. then maybe some shore fishing friday night. not sure yet. but tomorrow is for sure.

was out last thurs. was using cut bait and crayfish. got a few sets of nibbles on the crayfish, but couldnt connect on any of them. maybe too small of fish but i dont know. anyone have luck using them as bait.

Quote:

was out last thurs. was using cut bait and crayfish. got a few sets of nibbles on the crayfish, but couldnt connect on any of them. maybe too small of fish but i dont know. anyone have luck using them as bait.

Lots of hours fishing but no fish.....No cats up on millacs and sandbagging hurts the group.... take some pics next time your out and show us what your seeing so we can give you some pointers.

Quote:

Quote:

No cats up on millacs and sandbagging hurts the group

not even gonna make a response to that comment.

No response necessary.

We're... or maybe I'm hoping that you at least make the attempt to show us a fish.

No hard feelings mate. grin.gif

Quote:

We're... or maybe I'm hoping that you at least make the attempt to show us a fish.

No hard feelings mate.
grin.gif

Ditto that,those goose eggs are a killer. Any fish helps!

I understand if you dont have the time or the drive to put into the KOTC this year but there are a bunch of other people just itchin to get in on it who do have the time and want in.

Quote:

if you NEED a few more to round out teams, ill join in but dont expect much as i only get out about once a week and usually from shore, although a boat may be in my future as i am getting some $ from the insurance co. after i crashed my car. this is only if you need me to fill a team, thought i think it'd be fun and i would be mad if i get into even a couple decent fish and i wasnt in the contest.

dated 4/23. i dont get out that much, so if you guys want a new partner then do it. dont matter to me. ill keep fishing when i can, just like always. just curious where all these guys that are itching to get in were when it was signup time. to me its just about having a good time when i get out, not about a contest.

Quote:

To me its just about having a good time when i get out, not about a contest.

That attitude would be fine if this was every man for himself but you're on a team and you have four other guys counting on you to help out. So I hope you can see why there is some frustration when there are a couple of goose eggs up on the board and there doesn't seem to be much of an effort to participate.

I completely apologize if I am coming off like a jerk. I really don't mean to be. I'm just trying to explain where I am coming from on this.

If you just want to keep it fun and not competitive maybe being in a contest isn't the best way to go.