• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2007 Team Kitty Twisters

DTro

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh Rob. Very confident.....

I'll second that motion..... Though in efforts to not be the Flak masters from all the other teams we might want to picks something a little more.......... I'm open to what ever the group wants. I vote the Minnesota Catcatchers.

Glad to be on the same team as you mates...

I think we got a good group and some potential to bag some fish. Wouldn't be unrealistic for this team to tip 100lb+

Lets see how she goes..

LFC.

Finally found the catfish forum. Sorry it took so long to get here.

OK, I have to confess that I'm very catfishignorant, so we're gonna have to hope for some of my luck to come through. I haven't ever fished for them before. Quote of the night from me last night -- "what's the bait clicker for"....hey, I noticed that some of the reels have them and other don't, I figured if it's optional it must not be important, but found out later that it's a great alarm clock.

I'm in the Belle Plaine league this year, and I'm sure some of those fellas will put me on a fish or 2, so I'll have something to contribute. The word "hard-core" came to mind several times talking to those other guys at the meeting last night. I got a decent sized lucky sturgeon this year on my first sturgeon outing on the rainy, maybe I'll hook into some decent sized cats too.

As for the team name, I will have to think a bit about it, and even then I probably can't think of anything better than "Fish On". Sorry, I'm about as un-original as they come...my screen name here is my last name. LOL.

Hardcore? Not sure what that is. I'm not that hardcore since I only fish for two things...Flatheads.....and bait. grin.gif

I'm sure you'll do just fine man. Catching catfish really isnt that hard. Its catching the Big Cats thats hard but it all boils down to location and presentation and some luck. You'll learn those things fishin with the guys in cat league. Show up to the cat gathering in June and you'll find some of the most helpful and knowledgable cat guys around.

Teams names suggestions so far -

Minnesota Catcatchers

Fish On!

The Slime Balls

As soon as Katman shows up we can figure it out.

BTW - my screen name is my last name as well so dont feel bad.

OK, got a couple ideas.

I don't know if you guys are into acronyms or not...

"Team CARP" -- Catfish Are Really Pretty

"Team CATS" -- Catfish Are True Sportfish

Or something with some smack talk in it....

"Team CARS" -- Catfish Are Running Scared

Other ideas were basically completely random south park references....:

"Respect My Authority"

"He's Coming Right For Us!"

"Quick, Thin Out The Herd!"

I agree with you Rob that this gives us a reason to fish together. Aandrerud, We met the other night. I'm Larry.

Tall blond guy that took your beer bottle.

I go by LFC stands for Larry Flatcaster. My Catfishing nickname.

No harm in smack talk. I'm used to giving and recieving it since I took the Flat division last year in the BP leauge.

I think were gonna do just fine.

thanks

LFC

Sorry guys...I was up on the north shore all weekend for some steelhead action then took monday off "because I was sick".....so I could hit some whitebass! Boy were they fun! OK...back to my pride and joy! Cats! Umm.... How about Katman and the Krew! J/K. I really would hate that name. How about bullheads? I haven't lurked through all the emails yet so I hope it wasn't a repeat. I'm sorry if I missed anything....but...we should get email address out so we can plan a meet! The email is just so others won't try to listen in on our secret spots~! grin.gif What do you guys think?

Awesome! Not so great for me. I hooked 2 on sat. One 24 and the other 26. Both unclipped so they were released. I brought my camera....but it was in the darn car! So..no pictures. frown.gif It was fun to just fish and chat with all the other fishermen there.....but there was way too many people! I'll stick with the cats for a bit. grin.gif Time to throw a few in the books!

from what i've heard so far, kitty twisters is the best i've heard. i'm planning on heading out to the vermillion on sun. any of you guys know if there are any good cats in there and where to look. hit me with an email.

The flats are biting....a buddy on a different team(thank goodness the contest hasnt started) got a 40lb flat and a 14lb channel last night. Another friend of mine who was with him got a 42lb flat last night as well.

good thing! grin.gif I like the name! We'll...is the mankato meet for everyone? I wasn't so sure. I'm hoping to meet you guys sometime soon! We should have an outing. I'm putting the fly pole down to get back at the cats! Friday will be my first cat outing! GL Guys...and let us know whats on your agenda. My email is [email protected], 651-472-3376. Contact me anytime.

Oh yeah.....My name is Linh.