• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2007 Team Kitty Twisters

DTro

heading out this evening after work...going for strictly channels. If no luck tonight I will be back out tomorrow.

I think I may try Jordan or Carver tonight. Any advice?

The carver landing doesn't look as freindly as others with the big dead head directly out from the boat launch.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my neighbor and I went out of shakopee tonight, and i ended up gettng a channel cat to register. 26x14 6.5lbs...goodbye goose egg!!

I almost wasn't going to be able to register it...went to photo the fish and the camera beeps at me and tells me to "Charge battery pack." and then shuts off. confused.gif I was a little pi$$ed at myself originally but then remembered I had seen Flaco and RIverhog pass me earlier. After some quick networking I was able to get Flaco's number and track them down to take the pic. (thanks Anderud & LFC for helping a brother out, you too Riverhog and Flaco!!!)

I'm heading out tomorrow after work as well so hopefully I can get me an upgrade or two. tongue.gif

I was too lazy to go catch more bait today so I didn't head out. I am heading out Sat to a spot that could possibly produce upgrades to both my flat and channel but.....its August. I hate August.

Hey Lowblazah, I'll get those pics to ya after I get out of work today. Got home close to 1:00 last night and didn't get a chance to get on the computer. Riverhog ended the night with a decent channel, but it was slow for the most part.

Katman,

I fear that you are not able to particpate like you were hoping to this season. In an effort to have Kitty twisters do thier best in a finish. Could you give us an honest assessment of your ability to get out and fish the rest of this season. Unless you got plans to get out and hammer the banks with the surge coming through I think that this is best for the group

I will step forward and ask that we seek a replacement. No hard feelings Mate but we need everyone to contribute.

All those on Team Kitty Twisters in agreement please step fwd and say Aye.

Dtro are there any people out there that are interested in getting into KOTC this late in the season. I see that you are looking to replace MPLSTECKLE?

thanks

LFC

Quote:

Unless you got plans to get out and hammer the banks with the surge coming through I think that this is best for the group

Dtro are there any people out there that are interested in getting into KOTC this late in the season.

I guess I don't take it quite as seriously as some.

That third quote might be the key to everything. Are there people lined up, chomping at the bit to do KOTC, who are going to hammer them in Sept? Remember that the contest ends in 5 weeks. Remember also that they would have to put up 2 big numbers to get us anywhere near the top. I'd say the odds of a replacement helping out this late in the game are slim to none.

Remember, this is a contest where 5 people were RANDOMLY chosen on each team. It's not a money maker, it's just in good fun. Given those caveats, I think kicking someone off the team just because they haven't put up 2 big numbers is a bit overboard. Had Katman not contributed at all, posted once at the beginning of the season and that was it, and still have 2 zeros on the board, I would agree with you. But given the fact that he already posted that his flathead chances are limited, I would say he's probably done a fair job.

Not trying to start a huge debate or anything, just posting my opinion. I'd say majority rules, so if there's other opinions, let's hear them.

Wow, this almost makes me feel like an episode of 'Survivor'. smile.gif

I am not going to say much...it was bgreen who stepped aside and got me in here....and like aanderud said...there isn't a cash prize so it doesn't much matter to me. I'll let you original members figure this one out.

Quote:

Katman,

I fear that you are not able to particpate like you were hoping to this season. In an effort to have Kitty twisters do thier best in a finish. Could you give us an honest assessment of your ability to get out and fish the rest of this season. Unless you got plans to get out and hammer the banks with the surge coming through I think that this is best for the group

I will step forward and ask that we seek a replacement. No hard feelings Mate but we need everyone to contribute.

Dtro are there any people out there that are interested in getting into KOTC this late in the season. I see that you are looking to replace MPLSTECKLE?

thanks

LFC

Didnt I understand this correct-FREE, FUN---Seriously there bud, either this was a good crack at a buddy-which is cool, or you need to find some other more valuable things in your life.

jk

You guys are right. This is all in fun.

But if a member has decided he is unable to participate, for whatever the reason And.... there are other people that would like to have a shot.

Whats the harm in stepping aside and letting someone else have a crack? He has not stopped in to make a post just short of 30 days. (2 weeks maybe 3 weeks i might understand but a month with out a check in and prior to that it was 6/26)

I had emailed with Katman a couple times over the summer. We even had plans to get out, but other commitments came up for him.

This is nothing personal against him or any of the rest of us.

This is Fun and it is competitive. But if you can't, don't want to or aren't interested in playing.... Step aside and let someone who is able and interested have some fun.

That being said, Katman are you still interested and able to participate in KOTC2007 If so please touch base with us and let us know.

Lowblazah is in because we did the same thing a while back.

JTK15,

I will take your post a sign of your acute interest to join our team. Being that you are a catfisherman???? You post history doesn't really reflect all that much action on the water. Not that its any true indicator of ones past track record, but the majority of the time there is a pretty strong correlation.

As a last note. This is not a personal affront or attack on Katman, we are acquaintances, just like the rest of us were when we started on this team. No hard feelings on my end and I would hope that that there are none on his. This is a contest.... I take my limited amount of time catfishing as serious as I can. And by golly I want to do everything we can to try to win.

Lets put the Political correctness aside and get people who are interested in fishing on board and catch some fish.

thanks

LFC

Commish..... Are there any others in line that are interested in joining a team? If not,then this matter is dropped effective immediately..... If so.. I will continue.

The truth is simple. I thought I was going to be out like prior years of catfishing......I wasn't. Life happens and you get caught up. Did I try....YES! Did I have fun...YES! But coming to a close....I haven't par'd up with my mates yet so I will step aside and give the chance to anyone wanting a chance. No harm done. We're here to network and make friends! We're here to share stories and strategy about our beloved catfishes. No hard feelings. I will do my best until that person is found. Cheers! grin.gif

Quote:

Didnt I understand this correct-FREE, FUN---Seriously there bud, either this was a good crack at a buddy-which is cool, or you need to find some other more valuable things in your life.

jk

Wow Jamie speaking of finding something better to do.

Quote:

The truth is simple. I thought I was going to be out like prior years of catfishing......I wasn't. Life happens and you get caught up. Did I try....YES! Did I have fun...YES! But coming to a close....I haven't par'd up with my mates yet so I will step aside and give the chance to anyone wanting a chance. No harm done. We're here to network and make friends! We're here to share stories and strategy about our beloved catfishes. No hard feelings. I will do my best until that person is found. Cheers!
grin.gif

No hard feelings what so ever man! And no I don't think we need someone else on our team. Do what you can when you can. As far as saying "we're screwed", I meant we are at the end of the season and the river is high and climbing and has cooled off alot. Not much can be done about anything now. So no worries man! Would've been nice to meet you and maybe if we are still having a get-together next month you can make it?

Just to chime in here. You guys all all big boys and looks like you handled it as such. I think Katman understands the circumstances. Just as the other guys that weren't able to put in as much time as they thought, things don't work out as sometimes planned. Nothing personal against anybody. Please for those who dropped out or replaced, don't think for one second it was because you weren't catching "adequate" fish. It's not about that at all.

Also remember, there is a lot of learning going on right now, and I have plenty of ideas to get the casual catter involved without any consequences if little to no fish are caught.

If you had any fun with this at all this year, then stay tuned.....grin.gif

Katman, and others, you are welcome in my boat anytime you'd like.

Now having said that, it appears that River Rats are discussing their options with mpsteckel. There is about a month and a half left of the season, so I will say that a decision should be made by the end of this week Sun about Katman.

It's up to you guys.

Wow!

I have been avoiding reading this thread, because I have seen all the recent posts and figured someone got a PB or something big again.

The one rule DTRO emplaced for this contest is you have to come out and say “HI” once and awhile. I figure 15 plus days is a good all around figure. DTRO has the say about this, but you start getting to 30 plus days, well that member is not being involved in the contest he agreed to be in. Just my thought.

This is for fun, but I understand were LFC is coming from. The competitive part of this makes the hunter in one come out. The ultimate hunter gets the biggest game, thus wins the best wooman of the tribe. It is the male thing to be competitive, you can not blame a man for this even in today’s society.

Isnt time on the water part one of the variables of success or lack their off? You cant isolate all the variables of any competition....

Just something to think of, yes your observation is somewhat accurate. I dont get out much, and envy some in that department to a degree. In part by choice, in part due to obligation of previous choices if that makes any sense.

I would suggest that a large populuation of folks are as I. Lurk alot, post a little, and fish less than they would like.

Something to think of though, this type of angle on this friendly competition has an impact on the casual guy that likes the initial goals of what was going on. Friendly, layed back competition with only bragging rights on the line. Some social networking, and reason to rib your buddy....nothing more, nothing less. Unless my perspective and understanding of the goals of this is off, my fault.

Looks like things are developing next year for a bit more of a competitive natured-money on the line event for the season, which is also a good idea. Bottom line, its going to have to be a solo act to keep everyone happy-which is reasonable.

Rob, whats wrong with virtual fishing on FM. I just dont want you to send your self proclaimed "river stalkers" after me. They scare me. wink.gif

L, you get your last response, and then I check out. I dont know why I ever involved myself in something that has absolutely nothing to do with me anyways. It does discourage me to get involved next year-and would guess I am not the only one. I guess I dont see that as being a participants role, as its not supporting the intially goal of the person that organized it. Enough on that, agree to disagree if that is the case as we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Your turn, then I will have to go back to lurking. We will cross paths at some point hopefully, get a laugh, and I owe ya a beer.

jk

J,

well stated. I know there are two sides to any issue.

As far as the observation for next year. I can assure you this. I've learned a few things during my now almost 34 yrs of existence. One of them being that as soon as money is involved, the fun factor drops, and the more money, the uglier it gets.

I do some small money events throughout the year and for the most part hold my own, but it really has nothing to do with the money, just a bonus if I'm able to hook up and cash in.

Quote:

Friendly, layed back competition with only bragging rights on the line. Some social networking, and reason to rib your buddy....nothing more, nothing less. Unless my perspective and understanding of the goals of this is off, my fault.

Just because its friendly doesn't mean one doesn't try hard to win. We have played enough foosball together to know this.

Quote:

Rob, whats wrong with virtual fishing on FM.

Not a thing, you can't get skunked while virtual fishing! wink.gif

Hows the lil one? He in college yet?

i have hesitated to chime in on these issues since i believe i was the first to step aside for another participant, but i was still considering getting back in on next years contest. things this year just didnt work out like i liked (ie. newly married, relatively new homeowner, 3 year old, still not a very good catfisher etc.). however, i really hope it wont be for any monetary value whatsoever. as stated by dtro as soon as money is involved things can get ugly. i may be off when i say this but if money were involved i think participation would drop somewhat significantly, based on criticisms made over a "for fun only" contest. as i stated way back the only reason i joined this year was for fun, and i tried to bag some on 5-6 occasions but came up short. if it is possible, maybe the best thing to do would be 2 seperate contests, 1 with prize and 1 without. just my two cents on the matter.

Mates.

I can see lots have given this situation a lot of thought. A tip of the hat is in order looking out for the feelings of fellow mates.

I've done a lot of different types of contests, and seen situations like this arise on many occasions. IMHO this is the best way to deal with it. Its nothing personal. And my method may not be the best one. I do differ to the group consensus, and to that of the commissioner of the league, as we are a team in an organization with rules.

I think that this is a great contest that promotes a lot of the quality traits that most Cat guys share and look for in their fellow fishing mates. Those that know me, I would hope consider me to be for the most part thoughtful.

I will not deny that I am pretty intense when it comes to fishing. I have a passion for it, and I like the competition aspect of it. I also have a lot of fun doing it on a non competitive level.

I feel the same way that most do. Keep the money out of it. It does take away from the fun.

I would also encourage those that think that this incident as a negative step back and look at the broad picture. We are all individuals working towards a group effort. We will not always and should not always see eye to eye. That's what makes it interesting.

Again no offense was intended towards anyone and I apologize if it caused any.

thanks

LFC

Welcome Crazy!!!! Good to have New motivated Competitors.

Larry thanks for clarifing your position it's all good MATE!

Quote:

Those that know me, I would hope consider me to be for the most part thoughtful.

Absolutely.

Quote:

I have a passion for it, and I like the competition aspect of it.

You sure do and it shows in all the help you lend others both on and off the water!

Thanks Larry!