• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2007 Team Kitty Twisters

DTro

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello guys! Just wanted to wish you guys luck on this sat! I had prior engagements...so I won't be able to make it. I will also be moving out to my new place this sat too. So...no fishing for me. I will be doing some fishing sat night. But...my fishing holes haven't really produced me anything great. And my time on the minnesota this year has been limited. I'd love to share some time with a fellow team mate to maybe spark my luck back up. We still have a lot of time left....so lets keep it up guys. I think the harder fish for me would be the flattie. I'm sure I'll find a nice channel somewhere soon. GL this weekend guys! laugh.gif

Well it was one of those fishy weekends.

Managed some nice fish but no upgrades.

13lb channle and 18lb flat and a dink flat friday night.

then I was partnered with Dtro (see dtros pics and vids)

to bag a 32lb and a couple smaller channels.

I hear what your saying Rob. I've managed to help a lot of people (opponents) or be present when they are getting upgrades.

Thats what I get for starting off with a big bang. LOL

Yeah gonna have to hop in your boat if I wanna upgrade my channel I guess. I have wasted more time fishing cutbait this year than all other years combined. The two channels I got this year were on live bait.

Quote:

I have wasted more time fishing cutbait this year than all other years combined.

After the last couple flats I've caught this year, I wouldn't say my cutbait fishing time was "wasted". grin.gif

well...I haven't been able to catch a channel or a bigger flat for the life of me...even using cutbait....I think I'm a magnet for the little flatheads. Cutbait, creekchubs, or bullies and all I can catch are tiny flats. Was out last night and got a 4lb flat...no channels. Better than sitting out there without a bite i guess.

Anybody having any luck? Rushing you fishing Saturday night? I might be in Eagle Lake.

Yeah things have been way slow for me too so I decided to take this week off of fishing and just work on getting a couple of rods built and since my long work week starts Fri. I wont be back on the river for another week. If I didn't have to work on Sat. I would definitely hit the river with ya. If you still want to get out and need some advice where to fish gimmie your email.

Well Mates!

Just missed an upgrade by 1 pt.

If you haven't seen it check out the thread Rumor Has it.

I boated a 45 on Sat night for Moore's Contest. Came in at 75 pts and I currently have 71 for a Flat.

It was a beauty fish and a personal best. Still going to hammer at it. Plenty of time to get a big one.

On another note. Were coming up on the end of the year, We need to get the eggs closed. Lowblazah I know you will bag a channel soon. Katman, we need a flat.

Were contenders if I can hold first on the channels it give us some bonus points and the red river fish are not cooperating. Which bodes well for us.

Lets keep hammering and see what we can do.

Keep on fishing.

thanks

LFC

Quote:

Were contenders if I can hold first on the channels it give us some bonus points and the red river fish are not cooperating. Which bodes well for us.

They weren't cooperating. frown.gif

4 days of fishing and the only fish over 7lbs I personally caught was this one. smile.gif

35" x 19"

hansonkotcchannelcatym6.jpg

Quote:

We need to get the eggs closed. Lowblazah I know you will bag a channel soon.

tell me about it...I was fishing this weekend and I had 2 yes TWO piggie channels right next to the boat. The first one the hook popped out of his mouth just out of nets reach and the 2nd one (15mins after the first) line snapped at the hook knot. That one was also out of nets reach....I have since upgraded to 80power pro.

Needless to say I was quite salty after that....then it started lightning and pouring rain on us. Go figure.

Quote:

Quote:

They weren't cooperating. frown.gif

4 days of fishing and the only fish over 7lbs I personally caught was this one. smile.gif

35" x 19"

hansonkotcchannelcatym6.jpg

Holding out to unload at POINT BLANK....... BOOM!!!!

By ONE FRIGGEN POINT!!!!!

You Bassturd!!! You Suck!!!! Son of a B***C.

I'm glad I'm still flying from a PB from Sat. or I might really be bummed.

Hurry up and put my 45 on Big Cat Safari, that might me feel a little better.

I need a Drink....

Okay I'm better.

Congrats on the nice channel Mate. Thats a beauty!!!

Quote:

You Bassturd!!! You Suck!!!! Son of a B***C.

oohhh that was a low one Leaper~ Bass?????? tongue.gif

All in good jest. If any take offense with the exception of Hanson. wink.gif Accept my apologies.

Hanson, I'm happy for your fish. I wish, (probably not as much as you) You could have bagged that one on the contest day.

wink.gif

As far as a road trip.... You gots me thinking it might be in order. Got to work on my sales pitch to the wife. That will be a tough one. And will probably cost me dearly crazy.gif

Quote:

As far as a road trip.... You gots me thinking it might be in order. Got to work on my sales pitch to the wife. That will be a tough one. And will probably cost me dearly
crazy.gif

You would move north after fishing that river Larry. 15lb + channel cats aren't typically the exception, they are the norm. I've made two trips this year, both with bad timing. When you hit it when its moderately good, its multiple fish around 20lb per day. I would like to get up there again this year, parents probably wouldn't mind me visiting either. smile.gif

Quote:

You would move north after fishing that river Larry. 15lb + channel cats aren't typically the exception, they are the norm. I've made two trips this year, both with bad timing. When you hit it when its moderately good, its multiple fish around 20lb per day. I would like to get up there again this year, parents probably wouldn't mind me visiting either.
smile.gif

Believe it or not. I was considering buying a resort/land up near Drayton about a 8 months ago. Almost had the wife sold. But she is no fan of the cold and she doesn't fish either.

Remind me to tell you about it next time were on the water together. You would be interested to hear the particulars.

thanks

Larry