• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2007 Team River Rats

DTro

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

great fish last night. Caught one that went 44.5x24.5 which is a upgrade for me. Dtro's weight scale for lenght x girth measurements puts this one around the 40# class.

Great job Tom! Sounds like an action packed evening this time with bigguns to boot! Earlier in the week you smoked the channels, last night it was the flatties. What's next? Mixed bag evening where you get 1/2 dozen of each! smile.gif

Thats what I'm going to try for. I will need to upgrade my channel as I dont believe I can upgrade my flattie anymore. But, you can bet I will now be going for a 50. This fish was my new personal best. Great night for sure.

At some point it becomes nearly impossible to upgrade. Given the size of fish involved, 5 points could mean 10 lbs easily, as you say. I suppose it adds a little bit of 'suspense' to the contest, but it also brings more luck into play as well. But, I think in the end it'll come down to more than that 1-4 inches anyway separating teams. If the points are really close, and a team was unlucky enough to have all of their players catching 'bigger' but 'not upgradeable' fish, it could make the difference, but I think that's unlikely.

Congrats on the PB! Where are the pics? Did I miss them? Another post? I'm hoping you got a couple good ones!

I havent downloaded them off the camera yet. There are not the greatest pics, but they will work. Probably tommorrow I will have them up.

I would rather be lucky than good and thats probably what happened last night as I have only been fishing these fish for a year now.

I have been very fortunate to have fished and learned from some of the best on the Minnesota river. That really helps.

Thats includes, Papa grump, Fishhead,Dtro, Rushing and Fish-N-Guy. Now theres a group that can catch catfish. Thanks to all for the help in the past year and I'm sorry if I forgot someone.

Being a big guy has a downside, no matter how big the fish is, it will always look small comparatively speaking. On the flipside, the Lindners have their "smallness" working to their advantage. Everything they catch looks big. smile.gif

Sorry Tom, I need to factor in the "Hatlestad ratio" next time I wrongly judge the size of your fish.

Just got off phone with good buddy!

An over night trip to "Big Channel" waters is set in play.

It will happen this weekend on Northern Miss. Sat. night.

He is willing to bring out small alum. boat...

Hopefully will have a channel upgrade this weekend.

Also planning "Lillydale" day trip for Friday AM for another flat..

The future will tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grant & mpsteckle or any team member.

I will be going out Saturday night and at this time have two open seats. I will probably be fishing out of Henderson or that general area. If you would like to come along, post here or just e-mail me.