• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2007 Team River Rats

DTro

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, Darren just added me to your team and I just thought that I would say hi and let you know that I am going to give it all I can to try to help. I wish that this change would have taken place before last night! I caught my first flat, a 10lb 5oz'er, Nothing huge but it would have been points and upgradeable, as I saw a 30lb one landed just shortly before that! Also I would have had a really nice channel, 14lbs too. But what do you do, just keep trying. I will be out for channels on thursday am.

Nice to have you!

You guys seem to hit it early!

I am going to get out on Friday night to pool 2 to do some hit and runs. I have switched up my presentation as of late and going to further my cut routine!

I sure do and that was a nice buck. Good luck and maybe we can hook up before the season is over. Dont forget to take a control item with for your picture for the HSOforum.

If any River Rats would like to go out Saturday night, just e-mail me. I will probably start around 6 and fish till whenever.

Well I did get one this morning, it is upgradeable for sure, but atleast the one goose egg is gone. 26x15 Like I said I can do better. I really think that all this water has things a little funked up. When things get back closer to normal, we should be able to get back into those nice chuncky ones that we caught last week.

got the flathead monkey off my back, however I didn't get photos... who would have thunk that a digital camera needs a charge in the batteries? oh well, the streak is broken now.

boated two that went about eight pounds or so, out by where Dtro and I would have gone were it not for that sandbar.... wink.gif

fish were caught on 3/0 circles and smallish bullheads tightlined just upstream of some structure.

depths went between four feet and 38 feet on the greenbox between points A and B on Sunday evening.

Grant,

To bad on the photos, but at least your streak is broken. Just imagine if you would of caught a 30lber or 40lber. That would of sucked, in a KOTC sence (not a personal).

I think live bullies will be revisited. I am getting some good thought of switching up rigs and back to spring time bait.

a biggun would have been nice.... there's always next time.

I think next time I'll try Blue Kayak's flat on a float method at a current eddy that has usually got fish in it from shore, I don't think I'll get the SS Bathtub down there again this year (that's a lot of gas to pull it down to the Minn).

Hey, if ya want to hit a shore spot on the Minn next weekend, lt me know. I am still trying to find a place to go for sure. I have a possibility, but if I could get to the Minn with team mate would probably be a better chance at a good fish. But who knows for sure. I guess I would really like to get on the Minn atleast once this year.

Looks like tonight will be my last trip to the river for some cat action. I'm going with one very good cat man in Dennis Steele.

Thanks to DTRO for putting on this contest and especially my teammates. We may not have won but we had a fun season and I do look forward to next season.

Wasnt a bad night except it was cool and the fog was like pea soup. I caught one smaller flattie and Dennis caught one in that 20# range. We had numerous other runs but they just wanted to drop it. I started out with circles and maybe should have switched to my octopus hooks but my hands were to cold to bother. Who knows.

Tom,

Wish it could of been better for ya!

I am not done for the year, but this weekend could be tough. Cold!

Next weekend it is supposed to be warmer. We might for go and head out next weekend! Who knows? I am ready to go right now, but your statment of cold fingers has me thinking twice. Is it worth it?

I am still on a quest for an upgrade on my channel. That is my best possiblitly! I will get out flatt'en once or twice yet this year.

Mille lacs and hunting are starting to way in! I know i can hook into fish on Mille Lacs and grouse is right around the corner.

Their is a good chance I might hit Appledorns in early Oct. for the fall fest! Sounds like it is going to be a good deal! At least one night.

We will see. One can not have too many irons in fire grin.gif Or can he?

Well guys, I hit an upgrade bigtime this morning! 49 1/2 points, I am pretty confident that I won't be able to upgrade that again, as that was almost two full upgrades in one. 14 lb 10 oz, I will post pictures tonight. She was a little bit different shaped as it was only 30" length but a huge belly at 19 1/2". I should be able to make it out one more time next week for flats, so wish me luck in that adventure.