• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2007 Team River Rats

DTro

Well, I got out Sat. night and hit about 4 spots from shore in Pool two area. We sure had a lot of bites and a couple or runs. A lot more action than in last month.

Fished some deep holes from shore and got out on a structure, to be able to fish mid channel area. Both spots produced fish. No upgrades, but I broke my loosing steak.

I caught two flats around 10lbs and had runs up until we left. I would say things did not start up until after midnight. Cut, Cut, Cut! Switched up and finally was able to hook up.

No upgrade, but a good sign. Will post pics later of fish.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the goose egg ends. I know it is not an upgrade or one of the other monsters caught this weekend, but it clears me of my goose egg. I got two flats, the pic on the other did not come out good (half case of beer, I had a sober driver). Just kidding LOL. I say this cause I tried to smile in this image and it did not work well cool.gif

LJGrS1NPK6r5l2ttNbTocT8u+j+Ipumd0300.jpg

Again, I give Hanson Kuddo's for this hook up. I have finally learned how to correctly set hook on a circle hook. Ya don't! Set drag and engadge. A little pressure as they are running and ease back. It took a couple of good runs untill I got it to hook up. Getting used to "NOT" setting hook is a hard habbit to break. I found my self doing this, with out even knowing it. I have since then correct this concern.

Since I have totaly went to circle hooks, I have only got 3 Flats under my belt. The first one was totaly on before I even picked up poll and the two were this weekend. I did not want to switch back to old hooks, because of the strength and because of all the hipe. But it sure has been tough, but when perfected it is so easy. I think of all the fish as of late that struck my line and I bring on the big swing and miss. All I had to do was ease back and let the fish do the work. It finaly sunk in after reading Hanson's Mille Laces Post.

Maybe they were biting lite, but giving them rod tip as they thumped was the only way and hold firm. Cut, Cut, Cut!

Anyone been out as of late?

I have not been out since KOTC get together frown.gif.

Had firm plans last weekend, but they fell threw. I am always planning but wife strikes down at times.

Planning to head out this weekend (fingers crossed)!

DTRO's fish has brought my goose egg spirit's up a couple notch's. I am feeling lucky! Punk!

Anyone heard anything from mpsteckel?

I know Farmboy1 has not posted in this thread for a couple of months, but I see he just posted in another.

I know Grant and Tom were down at Kotc GT given it the collage try.

I hope we are not waving the white flag yet! We still do have a good amount of time and I feel as fall sets in the chances are good we will see bigger fish. I know we went from first to last, but if a couple get some upgrades (my self included) and others fill the "0" we possibley could get back in the race.

Kinda quite here in the River Rats team.. Anyone been out and caught a few? I think we are kinda plowing the bottom of the list of teams at the moment.

I was going to take the boat out the other night but it didnt turn out. I would really like to upgrade my channel and hopefully I will be able to.

I have been on one heck of a dry spell.... maybe call it "paying my dues", but if only I could catch a break~

I'm guessing you read about my last outing with Dtro.... Rock, meet Prop! ... and not much else ...

that being said, it ain't over till the fat lady sings, there's a lot of the season left! I'm off the river this weekend, planning on being back on it next weekend for flats, and I might try to sneak in some channel time during the week a little closer to home.

I'll keep ya posted. You planning on making into the Cities at all in the near future?

You and me both Grant!

I was hoping to make it out tonight up here some were for a little channel action. It looks like it is pretty much going to rain all day.

Ah well, we need the rain.

hey guys...sorry i haven't been on here in a while...but i have been dealing with a family member in a serious crisis...i don't know when and if i will be able to get out fishing any time soon...my priorities are with this person and there are a lot of issuses that need to be dealt with and it is going to take a long time to accomplish this...so if it isn't to late for somone else to get in on this i will bow out and let them have my spot...and again i am sorry for not helping out much with this contest, but someone more important needs my help.

mpsteckel

Sorry to hear of this. Last year at this time, I was in a same situation as your self! I had a father in-law dying of cancer. I hope things go good for you.

DTRO will decide on what to do, but there is always next year. If you do get out yet this year and have some info, let us know.

SHACKBASH

It is a contest for fun and nothing else, and I have been having fun. I will not be able to fish as much as I was earlier in the year because I purchased another house and need to do some work on it. I will still get out a few times, and think my chances are good that I can improve my numbers, but time is not on my side.

Mpsteckle has his priorities in the right place and is where he needs to be. I will bow down to popular opinion on this but think we should just let it ride.

Well, first off this is for fun, but it is a completion.

Second, we are in last place by a large margin and a very hard recoverable margin.

Third, I am a team player, BUT! If Darren has someone who would like to participate in this years KOTC and has been waiting on a back up list since the start, this would be unfair to that person when we know someone is not going to participate.

Now, if meplestick has a small possibility of getting out in the next month (even a thought), then my answer is let it ride, if he is throwing in the towel, then switch it up.

If meplestick is out there still, I would like to know if there is a small possibility and even a thought he could get out.

I know this is a consensus, so even if I said switch it up, I am ruled out already.

Realistically there is a very hard hurtle in front of us, but if someone would like to chime in and have some good last minute fun. Then so be it!