• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2007 Team River Rats

DTro

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough weekend for me. Got out Friday night to explore a little and take the wife out for her first trip. Ended up with a big goose egg. The rain had increased the flow significantly, as well as dropped the water temp about 5 degrees. Worked a few spots until about 1:00 AM. the fog was so thick, it was difficult to get out of my spot blush.gif

Next weekend I will get into them grin.gif

I think I am going to try to concentrate on shore fishing for the next 2-3 weeks. Due to the price of gas and my proximity to the Minnesota River, I get more bangs for my buck if I head down to MN and shore fish. I have been hitting MN hard this year and have found some good shore spots.

Actually, I have found several spots from shore that are very close to each other, so we can hit another spot after a dry spell at another. I will give it a try and see what happens.

I have been boating so much lately, I kind of miss the shore fishing aspect. I know I will hit shore fishing hard and in a couple weeks feel the same about being in boat as I do now about shore fishing.

Either way, you have a good chance at a large flat!

Quote:

Thats how the site is run it promotes registering which entails more perks like viewing pictures.!

Now get out there and get big Kitty!

no he said he CAN see them when he isnt logged in but CAN'T when he is logged in.

Going to try to spank the flatties on Sat. night. Buddy of mine wants to bring down his new boat. Might try above Ford dam for awhile, then head to MN. Will report what will happen.

Slang-in and Bang-in catfish,

Shackbash

Hit north part of Mississippi in Champlin on the 2nd. Targeted flats with bullheads all night. Stuck to a plan. Did not change bait at all. We had multiple runs and bangs with no luck. A couple of tags were tell tail signs of walleye. Gave it untill 1:00 am and headed out. The rain broke for our entire outting and started in at 1:00 am. Was a realy nice night though. Hopfully will hit river on Tues with boys. Good luck!

I also went out Saturday night and searched for an upgrade for my catfish. The plan did not work out and those bigger fish are not co-operating for me. But, I will continue to search for them and I will win before the summer is over.

I figure the more time I put in on the river, sooner or later one big one has to pop.

I agree with the time on the water grin.gif

I was out with my Dad this weekend. 3 fish, nothing to upgrade confused.gif I cannot seem to break this streak of 10lbers. Measured the fish at 26, 27, and 28". Did not get a weight since they were about the same as the one I have registered. I feel a monster coming grin.gif

I should of conntacted Grant on Sat. to see if he would like to go shore fishing. We made our minds up at last minute (around 9:00 pm) and did not get in good fishing mood untill we got down and started fishing. It turned out to be nice, all though we did not get any fish.

hey guys. made it out a bit last night- a couple of dink channels and a sucker.... the latter of which ended up as bait.... I'm planning on hitting the water quite a bit between Weds and Sunday- email me or call-

Guys we are still on top! Like Leeharvey stated, it is time to up grade. A couple of us still have to get a flat or channel on board, but most of us can focus on upgrading.

We are starting out in good form and hopfully heading in right direction. Good going to all! cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Stopped down at river for a couple of hours last night! The channels were sure biting. My brother in-law was down their already and I was coming through town when he called. I was glad I stopped down. No upgrade's, but allot of fish. The biggest was caught by my brother in-law 7-8 lbs and my best for night was around 5-6 lbs. All in all we had over ten fish (ranging 2-8 lbs) in about 2-3 hours. It started to get cool around 11:30 pm and bite was slowing a bit, so we headed out.

Have to do some side work tonight and weekend is looking almost to busy to get out. Will e-mail ya Grant, if I am getting out. Will post pics from last night when I get home.

I have never had a problem getting channels to connect up in northern water's. The trick last night was cut sucker, with a dash of shrimp sent. The water is up to levels from a month ago and sent is becoming a factor now. I hit 80% of the channels last night and I was useing scent. My brother in-law will have nothing to do with the stuff, but I had it in my box and tried it out. I caught fish. He still caught the biggest one, but I had alot more fun!

I dont know, it seems to change weekly on what gets them to bite down there.

Here is a couple from last night! Not what we wanted, but had fun. We had a total of 11. kTNzRYT-+55+bLDRBD1jxhOqzyYT4D9q0300.jpgl-J2HIQ0G0iRFlKDwpSVxCG16GNRaf2I0300.jpg

Note my look, I almost fell on my azz after flash! In this spot we are on rolling boulders grin.gif.

Grant,

I sure did, my weekend was full and I did not think I would get out. Things changed last night and I might be going to MN with another buddies boat on Sat. night. We might try to get in on Moore's Bait tourny. I do have a grad party to go to during the day on Sat... If we do not stay out to late on Sat. night (or do not get any good sized fish), I might head up to monti from shore for a little channel upgrade. If that occurs, I will give you a call.

Thanks Grant

cool- I'll be out on the Minn tonight, I'll let you know if I get any good bites and where they were- I'm game for shorefishing Miss-North tomorrow night as well.

Grant,

How did your night go on Fri... We got spanked on Sat... Was not in mood to head to Monti for shore fishing on Sunday. Might bring kids out this week if things work out. I will let you know whats up when it happens.