• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2007 Team River Rats

DTro

File it under paying my dues.....

didn't get any bullies, so it was channel fishing, got one- no upgrade unfortunately.

I didnt do much on sunday either- sleep was a very appealing activity~ grin.gif

let me know if you're going to make it out this week- thursday would be a good night for me, dont have to be at work until noon the next day.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grant,

Sunday was a great lazy day, if at least that is what my wife told me.

I will e-mail you a spot were bullies are plenty. Me and the brother in-law caught around 50 (with our kids) in about an hour on Friday. Its close by you.

I brought my Brothin in Law catting on Saturday night. I nailed a 30.5" Walleye, and he got a 37 lbs 11 oz flathead. Sorry I can't claim it, but that is the biggest fish in my boat yet. The wife is out of town next weekend, so I should get 3 days on the water. Hope to upgrade before then.

Went out yesterday and caught numerous channels and one nice flattie but, it wasnt big enough for a upgrade. Hopefully soon.

How is everyone else doing? Those flatties are going to go into spawn mode soon and that will slow the game for sure.

Got out twice this weekend and the "goose egg" rolls on! Hit Mpls from shore on Sat. night (was going to go down to Manny, but saw the weather) and sounded the horn and no big cats were out to play. I sat on a 6.89765" bully all night. The thing was running around all night, but no takers.

Hit upper Mississippi on Sunday evening and the brother in-law had all the luck.

A couple of more weekends of shore fishing and I will be busting at the seems to get boat back out.

Should of drove the extra 15-20 miles and hit pool two, but Mpls was open and the weather was great. No upgrades for ya boyz last weekend, maybe this weekend.

hey fellas.

what's your schedules for friday night? I'm going to be hitting the shore somewhere downstream of the ford dam or maybe as far as Carver on the minn... exact place TBD at this point...

anyone game?

I'm thinking of doing the Minnesota either by Jordan or Henderson. I do have room in the boat grant if you would like to come along. I dont know what time I will be starting yet or 100% for sure, but its looking good.

Quote:

We will see you there Chris.
smile.gif

See me where? If I'm picking up what you're laying down (I love that line!), thats the last spot I'm going to fish. For some reason, the fish aren't consistantly biting there this year. frown.gif

Unfortunately, I will not be able to head out this weekend frown.gif.

I have two grad parties on Sat. and family reunion on Sun.

The reunion is at mother in-laws house, so I was told I had to help set up tonight (Fri).

Who knows?

When me and the brother in-law get together, we some how end up fishing. The mother in-law lives blocks from the Rum, in oak grove. I have been trying to get a channel out of the Rum from Princeton to Anoka, with out any luck. We might sneak down on Sunday during reunion.

Good luck!!

nice fish laugh.gif i'm going out to try later today and tonight for channels...i can't get out for flats until later next month but i will get get one on the board for sure...i haven't been able to post for awhile due to the computer being down but it is fixed now

I wouldnt wait too long to go for the Flatheads or you may not even get on the board. We are about half done with the time for the contest.

To help the team out, you may want to get your flathead and then try to upgrade both fish. That way you will have a score of something for both.

i would get down and try for flats sooner but with my work schedule for right now i don't have much time to travel very far to go fishing(i got 3300 dollars in semi and trailer payments,insurance,etc..a month)..if it is still early enough in the contest i could bow out and give somebody else that has more time to fish a chance