• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2007 Team River Rats

DTro

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck everyone! Best off, "good luck" to everyone on my team. Looking forward to this, seems to be fun. Now on ward, there be a big cat in them their waters. Fish to ye death (not till May 5th), but make sure to take photo's and have contol item in image before anything happens grin.gif. Today I am heading out crappie fishing with my boys, It sure is a nice day!

I have a banner year going so far this year with my largest eye and sturgeon ever. Now, I will add my largest channel and a 50# flathead.

I plan on trying to fish the river at least 2 times a week and more if possible. All my cut bait is in the freezer for the year and the bullies will be caught shortly.

Good luck to all and lets make this a great summer of river fishing. PaPa grump and DTRO, look out as I have a game plan and its going to work.

Harvey Lee,

I have a good feeling about this year. I see a 50lbs plus flat in my future. Already scoped out some good turf on the Minnesota and I have been fishing pool 2 for 10 plus years.

I think we could pull this off.

I'm not telling Grump. Its in the state of Mn. somewhere. Darren and I went to the lake to find some crappies and they didnt want to play to much but boy, take a river rat to the lake and watch him catch those rough fish.

Darren is the sheephead king. grin.gif

wow, the smack is really flying in this forum now.

I may have caught every river species that exists in that lake today smile.gif, but let's not forget who boated the biggest crappie. A healthy 15"er, and wouldn't ya know it, I didn't get a picture tongue.gifwink.gif

took the boys out this afternoon for a little practice and we got 3 around 9-10 lbs, 10 3-6lbs, and 2 at 1.5lbs all channels...my 2 oldest boys caught their first cats in their life and i believe they are now hooked grin.gif and as i broke out the camera wouldn't you know it the dang thing wouldn't turn on for more than 1 sec. cause the batteries were dead mad.gif but we still had fun

Thinking of heading out this Sat. evening (on pool two). Will give you guys a heads up on location by end of week. I feel water will be warm and moving slower by weekend. Two weekends ago water temp was already at 56-57 deg... This weekend should be prime time (not a july cooker) to get some post spawn hunger strikes. Anyone else going out?

For next month or so, I got buddies biting at the bit to go with me. After that things die off for awhile. If I have an extra seat in boat, I will let you guys know. It does make picture taking much easier wink.gif.

Mr. Hatlestad,

It is an honor and a privilege to be on you team. I hope I can live up to the ranks of your kind. I am really pumped this year for cats. I really think if a guy puts his mind to it, a state record could be broke. They are out there and you just have to get on them and present something they want to eat. I say the heck with 50lbs; let’s go for the state record. What ya say team!