• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2007 Team River Rats

DTro

Boy, Mr Hatlestad. I had to look twice to know who you were talking too. We cant say Mr or Grump or DTRO will really give me the S--T.

Nothing to live up to while fishing on the same team as I. We will go forth and have a great summer of fishing and let the chips fall where they may.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Thanks Darren. My putor at home is down and I have not been able to be online much. The River Rats will prevail even with Papa Grump not on our team.
smile.gif

Ah, that's too bad.....I sent you an invite to tackle some whites last night. figured something must be wrong when I didn't get a reply....your loss, Hanson's gain (see "White Bass Assault Continues...)

Well, I was going to hide this little tid bite, I told grant in another thread. An easy way to do some scouting is to go on mapquest and get a map of area you like to fish and up in right hand corner there is a link to aerial veiw. It is cool, you can plan and map out trip before it happens. it is cool to look at river and get good info. I know this will travel beyond our team, but the main thing is to get some "Big Cats" and post images. Lets get out and do some fishing. I am already for Saturday (after noon and night).

P.S.

Remember control item, I all ready forgot copies I had at my office. I will print some at home, but I been telling my self since it came out to bring home. I forgot!

Went out last night for six hours. It was late and wind was blowing. Tried all the good spots. Nothing. We did get a rather large one on by the 5 bridge on Mississippi and after moving boat and fighting it for a while a weak spot in line broke (2" for swivle). It was fun again to get out.

Had to get dressed up for winter a little, but out of wind was nice. Already planing trip's for this week and next weekend. I think we will for go Walleye fishing up north to get back out for cats this weekend. Its up in the air. great fish to all how got them. Will post this week after I get back out.

I think I will get back out by Tues... We fished pool 2 on Sat. night. Due to storms, we did not get down there until around 9:30 p.m... The only action we saw was the paddleboats and some "girl’s gone wild" action on one of them. Besides that and getting one on at 5 bridge on Miss., It was a slow night. I did get a nice shot of a paddleboat at night; I will post later (Clean images).

!!!!Question! Anyone getting fish out in main channel area yet? We picked up a fair amount of arches on graph from main channel area and deep swirl pool area's, but could not get them to pick bait up. River is low for this time of year and main channel is anchor able now. Just a question.

Here is a sign of summer for ya! The paddle boats are out and weddings are going on! I would show ya some other paddle boat picutes, but I would get kicked off this web site for sure. Going to a wedding, on a paddle boat in St. Paul, couple of cocktales and women get wild when a camara from a boat filled with guys is flashing in the dark. It was the high light of the night, even though we did not get fish.

IZze0twuVS06KTsg3sOwMqwTpndk9rTU0300.jpg

Can not forget the kids! we went to St Cloud dam to night and found water is rushing almost to strong.

qU74LHH-HAVi+digmpyrdH9hKcAfQWm60300.jpg

HarveyLee,

Great Job. I hope to been on board by this weekend. That seems to be a good sized fish. Lets hope there is more to come.

With the gale force winds, and a honey do list at home, I did not get out last weekend. The wife asked me last night if I was going to sleep on the river Friday, or Saturday night. I think that means I have permission grin.gif

Hopefully I have some pictures come Monday. I hope to get at least a respectable channel, but will concentrate on a few flathead holes I have been wanting to try, just have not gotten a chance.

Go Team River Rats blush.gif

Well, hit our easy pick'ins spot tonight. I felt I had to get my self on board with something. Used cut sucker and got 5 fish. Got home after work and took a nap, then headed down to Mississippi for some evening action. Not much, but get some points on board. 7.2 lbs, 25 1/2"x16

Ai3vuPXDhBoQKRS4SK9tUxHNLOLdNvMF0300.jpg

Here is a couple more.

wyaje-D+pl70YTJNR-4rYHKAwWEodZE10300.jpg

5vb2xl6taJF1sHYfKWwWpHMWsGNE+lAi0300.jpg

It was fun to get out again this week. Will hit Minnesota and pool 2 this weekend again. Hoping for my first flatty of the season. Will send E-mail to dtro On Thurs. Good night!