• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2007 Team River Rats

DTro

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Ryan "ralph wiggum" and I may have to fly down for an evening of Cattin with you.

Sounds like fun! Farmboy and I can reminesce about the Sturgeon Excursion grin.gif And I can take better photos than your dog can!

Way to go on both the fish and solo pics!

ps......could you send those to the email addy per the official rules on the main KOTC post.

Thanks!

FB1,

You did stop up in pool two friday night? Head'in down to night for a little channel action. Going to try to get one of those alusive flats up in northern waters. They do not run big and I have only seen two, but they are out there. Going from shore, will report if any fish are caught.

Did not make pool 2. My home waters are pool 4, and I am having a hard enough time learning them.

This weekend the wife wants a date night, and I think I convinced her to do a little flathead hunting grin.gif What could be more romantic.

Quote:

Did not make pool 2. My home waters are pool 4, and I am having a hard enough time learning them.

Farmboy, if pool 4 wasn't such a drive, I would love to come down there and fish with ya...my dog can't take good pictures either smile.gif

Quote:

This weekend the wife wants a date night, and I think I convinced her to do a little flathead hunting
grin.gif
What could be more romantic.

It's my wife's and my anniversary on Sunday, I asked her if she wanted to hit Mille Lacs up for some 'eyes and she said 'sure'. Now that I suckered her in with the daytime adventure (she only goes so she can get a tan), I might change up to a "late evening" outing for some flatty fishin on the MN river. She's already committed! smile.gif

FB1,

I was asking because I had seen a lone fisherman with a dog in boat down on pool 2 Friday night. Went last night and got three channels under what I have all ready reg.. Will retool for this weekend and maybe a outting from shore this week yet. Good luck!

the first, and in no way the last entry for me- 24x14 channel- livers on a circle hook. somewhere on the Mississippi! apologies for the photo quality, was solo with a cell phone camera.

05_22_07_2343-custom;size:679,543.jpg

Here is a goal for the River rats team to shoot for. In the next month I will be upgrading my channel to a minimum of 14# and my new personal flathead will be 40#'s. Its time to rack up some points and I'm going the fish the heck out of the river until those goals are met.

Its time to put the hammer down on those other guys. smile.gif

Tough night tonight. We caught some and lost a few right along side the boat as they came unbuttoned. Nothing big, but a fun night it was. We fished a new stretch of the river and it seemed pretty good. Back again in a night or two and still looking for that 40# flattie.

I hear Ya HarveyLee! I did not get down to river last night like I wanted. Had to cut lawn and other misc. items since the rian stopped. Got a new anchor system yesterday and looking to try it out. Sunday night might be the night we go down to Minnesota River. Going to Strum, Wis. for wifes family reunion, but after me and brother in-law will sneek down and try for a few flatties.

Well, bursted my flat cherry for the season last night. Got on board for flat. Dtro, pics and specs coming soon! Not big like I wanted, but was still nice to have a good old middle of river current battle again. I brought it in on 25lbs mono and heavy action 7' rod. I was redoing my big cat pole, because of knot when I threw out my back up pole. Will post more later, I have to get going with wife. Thanks OyxWd-Fz+A5rPWiiivIHlxyXlF43RVow0300.jpg

Now this week, I will work on upgrade for channel from shore. Up north, there are some good sized channels.

good job on the fish, now i have to get out and get a flattie..when i've been out i've been concentrating on the channels from shore due to the no boat factor(am looking to buy one though)...me and my oldest boy went yesterday and caught a few but nothing for a upgrade...