• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Most overrated band.

fishonnopeoff

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

how would you know the bass player sucks, he hasnt been on a recorded album for metallica yet. Bob Rock did bass for st. anger. no way trujillo is a better pure bassist than newsted but newsted is hands down my all time fav.

I saw Metallica at the Xcel on Aug. 16, 2004 and I made my opinion from that performance.

Lisa if you want to see how good of a bass player he is go out and get your self a Suicidal Tendencies CD Light Camrera Action and listen to the title track and you will change your mind. I think anyway. Art of Rebellion I think is there best CD.PS I would have to go with U2 also for the MOST overrated

I may have said it on another thread, but the best bassist of all-time is Billy Sheehan, guy fingertaps like hes playing lead guitar, hes amazing. Newsted is a great bassist as well, but probably in the top 5 of ugliest rock stars of all-time. He scares babies

I will back most of you guys on the Eagles and U2, but the rest of those bands started era's that would of had a hand in forming the sounds of bands like the Eagles or U2 and others. I consider a starter of a music movement (Other than back street boys or the naughty boys nextdoor or what ever) exempt from over rating.

You guys are nutz grin.gifJSJ LOL! Every ones opinion is cool.

The Beatles & The Doors? Are you for real? Why don't you stick Led Zep in there as well? If you take away those bands, you would be suprised what you would be missing out of today's music. I would have to dissagree with The Eagles as well, they just pump out classic music. Overrated bands are some of the newer ones that have yet to prove themselves. I think the most overrated is Nirvanna. Curt was a biznatch, I wish I had his problems.

Just my take on this, but most of these posts are opinions and if people really think that bands such as the Beatles, Metallica, Stones, Eagles are overrated, I think we then need to define overrated. The Beatles and Eagles have sold millions and millions of albums, so I really do not think they are overrated. Is the Eagles Greates hits album still the #1 selling album of all time? I could say Dave Matthews is overrated because I don't like him, but I admit he is one helluva musician, so I wouldn't call him overrated. Dave Grohl from Foo Fighters is a great musician as well. Just my 2 cents.

Coach Dog

Right there with you Napa, and the rest. The bands that some are throwing out as overrated have been around since the 60's and 70's, that is going on 40 or 50 years! Let me pose one question, do you think that people will still be listening to Eminem or 50 Cent in the year 2050??? Looking fondly back on those memories? Beatles, classic. Stones, classic. Zep, classic. Doors, classic. End of Debate!

Windy

I knew I'd get a rise out of some of you!!!

I just cant stand listening to them at all. I feel the same way about them as you all feel about the bands you all posted.

Now if you said Neil Young, those are fighting words!!!!

Are the Beatles overrated; absolutely not. Are they one of the most influential bands in music history; yes they are. Would rock and roll be any different had the Beatles never existed; maybe, but I don’t think so. The Beatles exploded when the market (music fans, not music producers) was ready to hear something new. Had the Beatles not been around it would have been some other British invasion band or some teenagers from Ohio banging drums in their parent’s garage. I’m not taking anything away from the “Fab Four”, their brilliance and influence cannot be denied but I think that their success was a product of the times not the other way around (my opinion is somewhat biased; I’m an Elvis guy).

My vote for most overrated goes to Nirvana .

Neil Young ranks right up with Frank Zappa. I love both of them.

I would disagree with Nirvana. They where the first to do something that was new and different (still a form of rock) and had a an explosion of culture and bands that followed. I may not be the biggest Nirvana fan out there, but I do have respect for the group. Now what Kurt did to him self, was his own doing. Many people come out of drug years and live great lives, some kill them selves.

I also love Elvis. I grew up in a heavy music family. My father was a 60's hippie and loved acid rock and heavy metal. Even in the eighties he got into allot of band. I lived threw all the rock music changes, listening to him playing it all the time (I mean all the time). Rock was not banished at any family function (per my dad). We opened our presents to Beatles Christmas at our house and grandma’s house (among other Christmas classics). I did not always agree with his views on music and rock, but I loved him for exposing it all to me. I have one of the most diverse rock and music collection out of anyone I know. C/d's cassettes and albums. Man I got it all and I thank my dad. smile.gif

P.S.

While most dads where throwing away the kids Metallica

cassettes and c/d's, my dad was forcing it on to me cool.gif

I am a huge Elvis fan. Have been to Graceland twice. Shack opens his gifts up to the Beatles while my wife and I open up to Elvis Christmas CD. Listen to "Here comes Santa Clause". It is awesome. The Elvis channel on Sirius on dominant. All Elvis all the time!!