• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing Rod Bag

Marshall1117

I have the Stone Legacy Revolution and love it! Not sure what your idea of breaking the bank is.. but ice rods can be expensive these days, for every rod I dont break the bag has saved me. And I can put a ton of gear in it too.. and whats better... they are a sponsor of IceLeaders and FishingMinneosta.com

I like the Otter Rod Box which will protect your rods and reels under some pretty tough circumstances. The problem with gun or arrow cases that I've seen is they aren't deep enough to hold the reels like the Otter Box is. On my larger laker or walleye reels like my Stradic 1000 I need to collapse the handle to fit it into the box but that's no biggie and I've had that Otter box take some serious spills off my atv and no damage to any of my rigs.

Here's the setup in the Otter Box I have!

6ae21ef5.jpg

It fits nicely right into my Trap Pro as well and you can pull the cover right over it and everything is snug!

dc493d71.jpg

My Otter Rod Holder works great and is hard to beat for protection. My problem with it is its big/heavy and bulky. I use it mostly when Im going on long snowmobile or wheeler trips. Its the best as far as protection but I cant get my tackle, tip ups etc in it. I can get all the gear I need in my Revolution. Thats what I use 95% of the time. Good protection and a ton of storage along with shoulder straps make it the all around best rod bag I have used.

I am not sure who makes it but I know they are at Mills FF. It is a blue soft side case with three compartments. Also comes with a shoulder strap. The cases are normally $12 or so and they were just on sale for $7.95. I usually put 6 rods in the center compartment, two tipups on the outside compartment and my ice scoop on the other side.

No broken rods yet.

I really like my Stone Legacy Revolution.

I've got 5 rods in there running to the tune of over $500 bucks right now. I believe this is my 3rd winter now using the Revolution. I trust that bag to protect my investment.

I have seen and used a few in the years on the ice. I have one from JR's and it is perfect. I can get 9 ice combo's and tip up in the two major pockets. Then there are three zippered outside pockets. The large one I put my ice cleats, wrench, headlight, hat, etra gloves, and my ice scoop. Then that leaves two smaller pockets. one has my jigs, plastics, matches, many other misc items. The final pocket has other gadgets, beef jerky, can of pop. That leaves one small mesh webbing to put my ice picks in.

Some of the guys I fish with like G-man, and Mykal from the site also have said bag.

If you go with less rods then I that leaves room for 1 lb tank and many other things.

Anyway I highly recommend this soft sided ice case for all your needs on the hard water

I've been using the Revolution from Stone Legacy for the past several years and have no complaints. Protects several rods and carries a ton of gear. No need to worry about rods getting broken. I'm somewhat hard on my equipment and it's nice to know I can throw my rod bag around a bit and not have any problems.

I also like the Premium Ice Rod case from Stone Legacy as well. Carries up to 3 rod/reel combos. I use them for seperating my finesse and aggressive pannie rods. Also has a spot for a couple small jig boxes. Great little rod bags in my opinion...

I got mine from JR's last year and I'm happy with it, you can get all kinds of stuff into that carrier!

Mine probably has to much in it! To many rods, I think I have 8 of em in there, 4 on each side...take the handles down and they fit nicely.

But, I have found that after I have fished all day and tried alot of stuff, I get lazy and don't always return the rods to the bag. Sometimes I leave them in the bucket, or the sled and rearrange them again when I get home, especially if it is dark when I leave the lake.

But I'll tell ya, if you don't get lazy like I do, and even if you do get a little lazy once in awhile, they are the thing to have for transporting the gear...a place for everything and everything in it's place.

I have yet to find a perfect bag. I have had all of them. The revolution is good. But right now the one I use for everything is the ready rig backpack set up. Lot more room but I have done some modifications to better. But I will wait till the next one comes out because everyone gets better than the last.

I've had the Beckman 3 rod holder and it's worked OK but it's too small, so I end up with some rods in the bucket still. I see Cabelas has a rectangular rod bag that holds 6 rods and has a storage area that runs the length of the bag. For $20 I might try that out.

Quote:

I ordered the Cabelas rod bag last week and It's on back order. Looks like a nice bag for the price.

I just saw that listed and thought I'd give it a shot. I have to go through Owatonna this coming week, so I'm hoping they have one around?

I ordered a Stone Legacy Revolution off of their HSOforum a few days ago. I've seen this bag up close and I think it's one of the best out there. I hope to get my very own in a couple days. smile.gif

Christmas is over and the wrapping paper totes are on sale. If you want low dollar solution it works great. your rods stand up and there is even a bit of storage for line or bobbers in the lid. 8 - 10 bucks will hold 6- 8 rods and reels.

I also use the foam gun case. I have one for walleye gear and one for my panfish rods.If you can find them on close out like I did and only paid 10 bucks it makes for cheap insurance consider the price of rod and reels. I have never broken a rod since. A big plus is that people don,t seem to fish as close to me as they use too. grin.gif