• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Surround Sound Movies?

RobertELee

ST, its funny that you say Top Gun. I think that movie made my dad spend over 1k on stereo equiptment. It sounds like your on the deck of the air craft carrier in his basement.

I would have to say black hawk down would be up there on my list.

Star Wars, Gone in 60 Seconds, Top Gun, Hunt for Red October.....lots of good ones out there. When we lived in our trailer home we had our surround sound hooked up, but now in the house, my wife doesn't want wires hanging along the ceiling or down the walls so it's been sitting in a box for nearly 5 years. mad.gif Sure do miss it! Talked to an electrician about wiring through the walls, but it would be difficult and expensive. I think I just need to send her on a short vacation and have it set up by the time she gets back! shocked.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

Anyone seen the final gun battle scene in the movie Open Range?

The effect are amazing, I love the sound of every single gun shot.

Yes! The shootout at the end is great. I crank it up and you would almost think you're being shot at with every pop of the revolver.

The best thing they did was not to play any music during that scene to cover up the crisp gunfire, glass breaking, horses, and echoes down main street.

Lord of the Rings..of course you would have to do the "Butt-Buster" by that I mean watching all three movies (extented versions) at one time (12 hours)!

These movies have an awesome soundtrack that is great listening to loud and in surround sound...

Quote:

oh, and for those who dont know..

The Lord of the Rings..is a trilogy movie

1.The Fellowship of the Ring

2. The Two Towers

3. The Return of the King

THANKS ELIAS- If you don't get it, rent Clerks II. JK BTW.

Scarface and Heat for gunfire and sound effects, Pulp Fiction for music, one of the best soundtracks of all time.