• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best rock and roll band of all TIME!!! vote for your fav!

Kodiak

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Andy Taylor in Duran squared was a heck of a good guitar player. The rest of that band, on the other hand.... tongue.gif

Some of Andy's work in the Power Station (With Robert Palmer on vocals) was great. Andy liked to rip it up, and Duran squared did not really allow for that.

I guess I tend to hear stuff from a guitar point of view. The first time I heard Flock of Seaguls, I was really digging the guitar work buried in all that synth noise.

This thread definitly shows peoples eras of music listening,time and numbers($$) don't lie. Zepplin,Stones,Aerosmith,AC/DC, but haven't read much in post about Skynyrd. Come on Guns and Roses, a few albums or cds don't put you above the legends, period.

AC/DC and no one else.

Just my opinion, but Zeppelin threw enough weird junk on each album that you knew when to skip through. Then, the next track would be a classic.

Black Sabbath was the best pioneer ever.

Nobody has mentioned Judas Priest yet either. Their British Steel album I think is a true classic.

However, AC/DC is still my only choice out of several CD's owned. No ballads, no keyboards, just straight ahead 2 guitar rock for 30+ years. yes, people says it still sounds the same, and it does, but some of us like it that way.

They also have not peaked early and gone down since then (i.e. Van Halen, Guns & Roses and others).

You now have my music opinion for the day.

DD

The Who. Far and away number one for me.

Also a fan of Aerosmith and The Kinks (don't dismiss them as 'You've Really Got Me' and "All Day and All Night" and nothing more...a lot of really good stuff...great lyrics).

Right now, I have "The Essential Clash" in my CD player in my truck (...lookin' for...Jimmy Jazz.....).

Gissert

we followed slave raider big time. we even tapes of there music.

someone mentioned boston, they have some of the best music, but sorry to say, they are one of the biggest supporters of PETA. mad.gif

IMHO Zeppelin is so far above the rest. Maybe the Stones can come close just for sheer number of songs released but as far as talent, you have 3 of the best musicians (at least at their instruments) of all time and one heck of a singer to go along with it.