• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best rock and roll band of all TIME!!! vote for your fav!

Kodiak

This is a cool thread.

I got to see Eric Clapton, circa 1987 in the old Met Center. On that tour, he had Mark Knopler from Dire Straits playing guitar with him. What a fabulous show.

When the Clapton box set came out, I bought it immediately. Some really great playing on there that you will never hear on the radio.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man so many options and so many great bands from different era's...Here's what's in my truck now and probably will always be.

Alice in Chains, Dirt, Although it was the begeinning of the end for them, it was IMO one of the best albums of the 90's, every song from start to finish is awesome, hard for me to think of another album I can listen to without skipping a song or two. Would? It doesn't get much better than that! Not for everyone, but a must have for most. Jar of Flies is very hard to top as well.

Anything by Van Halen....However thier self titled debut has to be one of the best ever by any band.

No mention of Pearl Jam.....TEN is awesome, the song Once, gives me goosebumps every time.

Lots of Zepplin on here with good reason.

Quote:

Nobody has said Slipknot yet. I would put them above and beyond Rock & Roll, little more hardcore than Rock. However, once you see these guys in concert... Wow! Orange jump suits and clown masks with a couple guys pounding on beer kegs. Sweet!

You've been to a slipknot concert, I am jealous. They are a great band. I don't know if i would put them in the best ever category, but I would put their selftitled album in a list of the best albums ever made.

I've got a 15 year old who is into rock big time...it's fun to see him get jazzed by listening to Rush, Zepellin, AC/DC. So many tunes, so little time. Gotta put a plug in for the Scorpions, too. Audioslave, P.O.D., Foo Fighters...none of these rank up there with Zepellin or Rush, but they're pretty good.

Quote:

You've been to a slipknot concert, I am jealous.

Its been a few years but I made it to Ozzfest in Somerset, WI for 3-4 years in a row. You name the band, they probably played there. Ozzie & Black Sabbath (Ozzie played solo for a couple years and then did the Black Sabbath thing there as well), Rob Zombie, Slayer, Slipknot, Pantera, Deftones, Incubus, and the list goes on... Family Values Tour at the Target Center was pretty cool a few years back as well with Limp Bizkit, Korn, Primus, Filter all playing the same night.

OMG yes for ted nugent i was thinking about him and didnt post it and again a yes for sabbath. gotta love the head banging music. nothing beats a good sound system in yer fishhouse. and a better system in your home. ... paul

I'm going to have to say:

Van Halen (I actually prefer the Sammy years, go figure)

Pearl Jam (still listen to them quite a bit)

Alice in Chains

STP

Rush (I agree ^^, Time Stands Still is a great song)

Weezer (Their first album is still one of my favorites)

I could also list Metallica, Zep, and NIN as other favorites

Quote:

Quote:

You've been to a slipknot concert, I am jealous.

Its been a few years but I made it to Ozzfest in Somerset, WI for 3-4 years in a row. You name the band, they probably played there. Ozzie & Black Sabbath (Ozzie played solo for a couple years and then did the Black Sabbath thing there as well), Rob Zombie, Slayer, Slipknot, Pantera, Deftones, Incubus, and the list goes on... Family Values Tour at the Target Center was pretty cool a few years back as well with Limp Bizkit, Korn, Primus, Filter all playing the same night.

I was going to go to ozzfest at summerset 2 years ago and then they canceled, so I never got a chance to go.

GoodToGo,

Spackler?

You mean the guy that caddied for the Dali Llama and asked him for a little something fer the effort and was told that on his deathbed he would achieve total consciousness - so he's got that going for him - THAT Spackler?

Don't think I've seen 'em mentioned yet - they probably don't qualify as "rock" so much, but always at the top of the party tune list: Minnesota's own Gear Daddies. wink.gif

"I wanna drive a Zamboni...

I wanna drive a Zam-bo-ni----eeeeeee...Uh yes I do!"

Hey Blaze!

It was a pleasure meeting you last Friday, I sort of figured it out beforehand it was the FishingMinnesota sticker that caught your eye and led to you stopping your truck. At that point I was hoping it wasn't anybody I PO'd here in the political forums. lol grin.gif

Happy Hour sometime? cool.gif

Still rockin out at age 40.

'60s Hendrix, The Who, Zep

'70s Kiss, Alice Cooper, Nugent, Zep

'80s AC/DC, The Cult, Van Halen, Clash, Slave Raider, cool.gif

'90s Soundgarden, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Green Day

'00s Tool, Foo Fighters, Incubus

Quote:

I've got a 15 year old who is into rock big time...it's fun to see him get jazzed by listening to Rush, Zepellin, AC/DC.

Marbleeye2,

I can top that, kind of. My 7 year old son has already declared himself a metalhead. He has also chosen Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society as his pre-wrestling match music. Zakk is Ozzy's guitarist for all those unfamiliar with him. Iron Maiden can also be substituted in a pinch.

Duffman - likewise - nice to meet anther FMer. I gotta get one of those stickers on my truck! We'll have to grab a cold one at Chili's some night after work and talk hardwater. Drop me a line sometime: ##mrdba2u@yahooDOTcom## - remove the ##s.

BTW, good list. grin.gif

great topic good to see some mn bands replacements,gear daddies.met slim dunlap few yrs back,good conversation,learned westerberg threw the tapes from the twin tone yrs into the river mad.gifas for best rock band,well thats hard to pick,but my favs,the dead,allman bros,dead can dance,NIN pretty hate machine fav album,u2,rem,the alarm were good in their day.but my all time fav not a band but johnny cash,the one person i hope to see in heaven if i make the list