• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern Pike Photo Gallery

Rick

Sled-

I hadnt heard of that strike pro xbuster before - and looked it up.

It looks interesting - and also a little expensive.

Is it worth the price? is it more of a shallow bait?

What colors did you use for the pike?

I may order one - but want to get the hot color!

Thanks!

Hoffer

Hoffer,

as far as is the lure worth the money. Its the first time I used it and it caught 2 nice pike. My son gave it to me for my birthday. I will buy another thats for sure. The one I used is a perch colored. The bait runs pretty shallow and it swims like a fish. The fish really pounded it.

Good luck

Anyone know of a good lake for pike fishing around brainerd? I want to put my spear house out, but being new to the area has kept me from doing so...I've heard a little here and there, but havent received any solid reports for pike lakes...Can anyone help me out with a good lake to see and catch alot of pike/not just 1pounders?

Thank you

All the lakes are pretty good for pike in that area. Gull has some monsters, north long would be ok, South long both upper and lower have good poulations of pike and lots of panfish. head a tad north and hit mitchel or kego for some sucluded areas.

caught this guy on Sunday while fishing for Sunnies on a metro lake. Was fishing a mud bug with a waxie and decided "one more fish" and I was going to pack it in. as soon as I said that something heavy took my lure and despite an UL rod and 2# line from last year I was able to reel him in. Just barley hooked on the edge of the lip. I was by myself and I couldnt get my tape measure to work one handed and I wanted to CPR so all I got was this crappy cell pic. Best I can tell with its tail touching the ground it went partway up my thigh. I was so impressed by this fish in this small of a Metro lake I was determined to put it back unharmed.

1219001615.jpg