• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what kind of bow you use??

jbtwins24

Ya I'm with HarveyLee, I don't have an extremely fancy set-up for archery by any means. Its a nice set up and good equipment, but its not a $1000 bow or anywhere near it. I do have lots of gadgets for fun though for all kinds of hunting. I doubt most of them help my real success rate all that much though...I'm really trying to ween myself from buying gadgets for that reason.

Deepportage, there are all kinds of things on the market to quiet down that bow if you are concerned about the noise you mention. Limbsavers, string silencers and stabilizers all make a huge difference. The limbsaver ultras, in my personal opinion, are a must have piece of equipment on any bow. They are amazing how much vibration they absorb...

Call me old school. I shoot a 15 year old Pearson Ultra. Did anyone else ever shoot a Pearson? It was a great bow back in the day. It's starting to get a little louder than normal, so maybe it's time for a good tune up.

Pearson Renegade, it's still my backup & rough fish bow. This is the third season I haven't used it. Shot 3 deer with it the last year I used it. Only killed one deer with it over 20 yards, shot a buck at 25. It wasn't much of a bow for distance, at least not for me.

I agree with the comment that its not the bow but the shooter.

My wifes uncle is one of the best bow hunters I know. He has killed so many deer and a couple elk with the same old bow. I think it is a Fred Bear with the little cam wheels. He has one brass pin and just a kisser button. I dont recall him ever saying that he missed a deer. He laughed when I showed him my new Parker, all decked out, a few years back.

He just said, "what do you need all that fancy krap for? Too much room for mechanical error in the heat of the moment."

He has a point.

im using an older mid 90's york bow that my dad won at some banquit, its gray coumpound set at 58lbs shooting easton alum gamegetter2's, older bow but it shoots good, shot a small 6pt with it 3 weeks ago but lost the blood trail and never found it frown.gif