• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Woulda been a state record!

I behind what Hobbydog says 100%!! He knows a thing or two about photoshop I'm certain, he posts the nicest pictures in the bird forums time after time with his professional grade camera as do I, and I just have to say thats one great fish! Must have been a trip landing her on an ultralight set up.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that is a nice fish. Yeah that camera phone that I have has the ability to take a very good picture when you are able to link it to the computer and get it that way. The picture doesnt look near as good when it is on my phone.

That's a sow.

Everyone that gives him dump, come on. What do you want him to do, tape the fish to his shirt so it's close enough to his body. That is how anyone holds fish. You can see his arms are bent. Yes, his fingers are a little big, but you don't hold a fish right up touching your chest. Well, at least I don't.

Jeeze, I hope I never catch a big fish. Seems everytime someone catches a hawg there always has to be a few people call them a liar. Give it a rest, this guy catches an awesome fish, he's nice enough to share the pics with us and you guys rip him for it. Either tell him nice job or click on another post.

Nice pic, thanks for the post, and just go catch it again in season and get these guys off your back. I know easier said than done.

I agree with the last couple posts. Photoshopped, long-arming it, and the critiques go on and on. Why is it that when a guy wants to post a heckuva nice fish, people can't just look at it for that and congratulate him? I for one can say that I have caught some decent fish this summer (not monsters or anything) but have decided not to post them because I'm worried that more people will criticise than congratulate. Maybe I'm one of those "glass half full" guys, but I choose to be positive and give a guy the benefit of the doubt. Either way that fish is bigger than any fish I have caught this summer, so way to go, Stellarfisher, and keep on posting those hogs. Sorry guys, just had to vent a bit. JH

Nice fish.

I think a person could be holding a fish right next to their body and there will always be a few doubters that will pick something out. Perhaps accusing the person holding the fish of being a dwarf or something.....

Awesome catch, had to be fun, not everyone can say they have caught a beast like that, especially shore fishing.

I dont want to continue this picture debate. However as a computer person I have one question, the file extension for the first picture is .png What program were you using that saved the file extension as .png?

Reason I ask that PNG was not intended to replace the other popular web image format JPEG. JPEG will produce a smaller file than PNG for photographic images since it uses a lossy encoding method. However PNG is a better choice than JPEG for storing images that are likely to undergo further editing as jpeg suffers from generation loss issues.

Just curious again nice fish!

Rundrave - I don't know too much about computers and different files, I never tried to save it as something else. I just got the files off of sprint.com where I uploaded the image from my phone. Maybe that clears it up for you.

It's a beauty! I would also guess more like 5-7 Lbs.. the 23.25" smallie I caught this summer (more pix in bass forum 'throphy smallmousth' thread) was only 5Lb 4oz.. But again.. who knows.. maybe LMB are heavier by the inch?

Certainly NOT photoshopped or anything like that.

sm06.jpg

I would say he is super longarming it...that fish is just under 1 lb I'm guessing.

Opening weekend was not that sunny out so by looking at the trees in the backround I would say he caught that bass late fall of last year after all the leaves were gone.

stellarfisher- your gig is up, even though one or two people probably witnessed that fish being caught, some of us that werent there say its a hoax, so..........

Seriously though guys, are we supposed to nay say every nice fish picture we see, and assume that every FMer is lying to us. Take the picture and the posters word for it. If in fact it has been an altered photo, the only person they are fooling is themselves.

Believe what you guys want to, I'm gonna give STELLARFISHER a big thumbs up on that catch. NICE FISH and thank you for sharing it with us. smile.gif And I hope you, along with everyone else continues to share with us, their very own FISH OF A LIFETIME !!

WAG