• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Photo Gallery

davev

In response to a previous post:

There is no room for UNNECESSARY & STUPID comments in here either... Why is it sometimes so hard for other fisherman to be happy for fellow anglers when they catch a nice fish?

Very nice fish Kcool. Congratulations.

@ Joseph- actually the tape measure don't lie, with me standing 6'9" 258 pounds a nice size fish doesn't seem so big. Fish was un-hooked,measured, took a pic, and released in 2 minutes.

kcool, I was going to say that I bet you are just a very big man and so the fish looked a little smaller than it would if held by a 5'-9" chubby guy. Did you catch that from shore? That's amazing.

terrible pic, awesome fish smile

Might be a terrible pic but the true excitement of the moment shows well. In my opinion beats all those perfect pictures of dudes not smiling at all

Awesome fish, I'm jealous

Zelmsdawg

@ Joseph- actually the tape measure don't lie, with me standing 6'9" 258 pounds a nice size fish doesn't seem so big. Fish was un-hooked,measured, took a pic, and released in 2 minutes.

Lol, I hear ya. We have to catch really big fish to look like an average sized one grin

full-33227-10789-252648_215385641826892_

srry i know its a bit of a bad pic... this was my first muskie outing and secound muskie of my life the only reason i went because my friends kept saying i should try it... looks like it paid off lol cameout to be 55 inches still trying to save up for a replica for it caught it on one of my bass rods and twenty pound test. Buddies still cant belive i pulled it in since i dont have any muskie gear at all other than a few bucktails and spinnerbaits. our party caught two fish and had nearly twent follow ups so it was a great day i just didnt get use to not catching a lot of fish like i do when im bass fishing.

That thing is a beast, hole hopper. There are a lot of guys who will never boat a fish that comes close to touching 55. On top of that, just look how healthy and muscle-y that 55er is! Perfect esox proportions.

Was that caught in MN? The spots are darker and more defined than the typical Leech Lake strain.

full-33227-10789-252648_215385641826892_

srry i know its a bit of a bad pic... this was my first muskie outing and secound muskie of my life the only reason i went because my friends kept saying i should try it... looks like it paid off lol cameout to be 55 inches still trying to save up for a replica for it caught it on one of my bass rods and twenty pound test. Buddies still cant belive i pulled it in since i dont have any muskie gear at all other than a few bucktails and spinnerbaits. our party caught two fish and had nearly twent follow ups so it was a great day i just didnt get use to not catching a lot of fish like i do when im bass fishing.

Fairly new user with photoshop eh? wink

Got this guy about 2 hours after a storm dumped a quick inch of rain. As you can see after the storm it was just an awful day on the water in NW WI. Only my second in the net this year. Hooked a bigger one about 4 casts later but performed a long distance release. The second one destroyed my curly tail and the lure didn't run right afterwards. They wouldn't hit anything else the rest of the day. 39.5" - 40", tough to get an exact measure with the float stick.

full-19978-10837-img_2903.jpg