• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2020 Twins

JBMasterAngler

1 hour ago, Duffman said:

I tell ya, not a single tear was shed for Gibson moseying on out of town.

They basically replaced him for a pitcher with the same stats. If Homer Bailey is a starting pitcher for the Twins in a Postseason series, they haven’t done enough this offseason.

Would love to see them sign Donaldson at 3b and then make a trade for a quality starter. 

55 minutes ago, rundrave said:

They basically replaced him for a pitcher with the same stats. 

I'll take a pitcher with the exact same stats that at least shows 1 iota of self confidence over Gibson any day.

(wasn't a fan) :)

well two of are starters are out to start, pineda is out till mid may for the 60 game suspension, and hill is out till june with a injury, surgery in October. yes both baily and hill are cheap, so that hopefully frees up money to sign someone better, or like a Donaldson. still the same beat goes on, we wait till all the good players are gone, and we pick up the scraps, we have done this for years, and nothing has changed. on that note, we did have a great signing last year in cruz, but that again was a chance because of his age which worked out great for the team, and probably was the reason we won 101 games last year.

32 minutes ago, Hoyt4 said:

Rosario and prospects for a SP i'm hoping.

Interesting note that Donaldson has worn #20 for the majority of his career. He would need to get that from Rosario if he wants it in Minnesota.

I like the signing at 3b, good upgrade on defense and some nice power at the plate. Now I would like to see the Twins go get a quality pitcher somehow via trade.

I think there is likely a trade coming at some point.  They seem to have a bit of a back log of position players and an obvious need for pitchers (both starters and in the bullpen).  Something will have to give.  They have a tough lineup in place which should give them a chance to win, hopefully they don't squander it by not finding a top end pitcher and some help in the bullpen. 

Well there’s the trade, but was it a good trade?

I think Graterol for Maeda is fair given the salary and control of a starting pitcher. Maeda makes just $3.125MM per year through 2023. That's a really, really good pitcher for next to nothing.

Short-term gain. I like the mindset to trade a future piece for win-now piece. Still don’t think it’s enough to beat the Yankees but it’s an improvement.

Well today should have been a super exciting day for Twins baseball and fans. This was to be the start of a long season with really really high expectations.

I know there are bigger things happening in the world right now so forgive me for my bad attitude. But that doesn't take away the disappointment and frustration I am feeling today.

Hope this virus goes away sooner rather than later and lives are spared. I have a feeling its going to be a long ride and things will get worse before they get better. Hopefully something can be salvaged of the baseball season. Maybe shorten the number of games or have lots of double headers?

I remember back after 9-11 how awesome it was when baseball resumed again. Really hope we can get that again this season.

1 hour ago, Duffman said:

I so miss sports.

Was really looking forward to this season.

Household chores and yardwork aren't the same without baseball on in the background.

Maybe they will start airing simulation games using The Show 20.

I heard they are airing simulation games using NBA 2K20, with real life announcers.

Not sure why anybody would watch that though. 

Play ball! Baseball is back.

Now I just need to see what the schedule is going to look like.

I am curious to see what will happen with tickets to games I already bought that were never officially canceled. We bought tickets to a few specific games via stub hub like the Morneau bobblehead game where they were going to induct him to the Twins Hall of Fame. Will that still happen this year? And if so against who and when  and do my tickets still get me in that game.

Well I got an email from Stub Hub over night they finally reimbursed me for a coupon worth 120% of my original orders. Not a bad deal I guess but I have to use the coupon  on StubHub by 12/31/2021. Hopefully this covid stuff passes and I will have some events to purchase tickets to in the future.

Happy opening day Twins fans!

Any predictions from anyone? I am not even sure they will even finish the season, could be crazy how it all plays out.

Going to be a strange season. I also thought it was interesting to see them move the goal posts yesterday and expand playoffs in order to accommodate teams like the White Sox yesterday.

"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again."