• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Redback electric auger

eagle_3464

I'm not in the market for a new auger since purchasing an Ion, but I see FF has a Redback electric auger in their ad. This auger looks similar to the Ion for significantly less money. Does anyone have experience with this auger?

Just wanted to bring it up as a possible alternative to those who might be in the  market for an electric. As a side note, I am very happy with the Ion.

They're made by NGP, an industrial producer in Ningbo, China. Good luck getting service or parts on that, is all I'll say. I know all the other augers engines, etc, are made in China, but they also have been around for years with an established company, which is a huge difference. I'd be real cautious...:whistle:

46 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

I wonder how much the battery weighs. probably not much. hurry up ice so I can try my drill plate! :)

I wonder how much the battery weighs. probably not much. hurry up ice so I can try my drill plate! :)

This has been happening to me as well. I think the Submit reply button is a little slow so people are hitting it twice. I know I did! :lol::lol:

I agree in that you can call Ion or Strikemaster and they help you right now and both give good service, at least that was my experience before they moved from Big Lake to Johnson Outdoors. This new one looks kind of clunky and I don't remember my Ion jumping around that muck when drilling like the video one does. Who knows maybe they will turn out great but I won't be the guinea pig.

$349 at FF.  I believe they "jump around" hawg, because they haven't yet figured out you SHOULD have a center ''point", especially when using chipper style blades. I've used  and worked on everyt type of auger out there to drill holes with since the 70's, and  there's still a few that don't have a point on them. 

14 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

There's where some money lies..

Two dimes and a nickel.  There just isn't much of market. 

I do like my quick disconnect thingy that lets me unscrew the bit from the head for transport purposes.  That was worth $20.