• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2015-2016 Season

hoppe56307

Lol yea they said Parise has something like 1 goal in the last 11 games. Fletcher claims Yeo isn't going anywhere which you would hope would put some pressure on these players that the coach isn't going to be a scapegoat or an excuse for their ineptitude. Once again last night they outplayed a top team yet they still found a way to lose. I told my wife once it went to overtime they have zero chance to win. They have proven they cant beat anyone playing 3 on 3 because they don't have any playmakers. I'm not sure what needs to happen at this point.

When our two key players (signings) are a grinder/mucker (Parise) and a decent dman who can chew up minutes (Suter) and the good teams have combos like Ovi/Backstrom, Kane/Toews, Seguin/Benn, Crosby/Malkin, Tavares/Okposo, Getzlaff/Perry, and that list goes on and on we just don't have the fire power it takes to be an upper echelon team. No disrespect to Parise and Suter but neither are "game changers" and we have none IMO.

The bigger picture long term is what gets my blood boiling because we are more or less stuck with what we have for some time to come, unless we pull a Toronto and clean house from the front office, to the entire coaching staff, and re-tool the players as much as possible...is this what is needed to turn this franchise around or are we just going to be happy with mediocrity for the foreseeable future or are we banking on Dubnyk to start standing on his head going down the stretch like he was able to do last year? 

Been a while fellas, just saw the news. Pretty much had to happen, this has been an epic losing streak and certainly an annual phenomenon. I don't think Yoe is a bad coach, as times we were amazing under him but something was missing or something else was going on because supposed good teams with good coaches don't collapse like this season after season. Should be interesting to see what happens the rest of the year (interim coach) and who they hire for next season.

I hope they start over with all new coaches. interim is the wild Iowa coach, which has lots of knowledge of many current wild players. I was thinking the team did not like Yeo, and did not play well because of it, I guess we will find out soon.

I hope all those millionaires in the locker room are feeling good about this one. Yeo was a great coach when they went on an epic run the second half of last year and now all of a sudden he is not a good coach for this team with almost all of the same guys. Makes sense.

IMO last nights win shows me we have no leaders in the locker room.  Yeo was more of a players coach and left it up to the Vets to rally the troops and it was pretty evident with Torch's constant barking on the bench that there is no veteran leader on the team to rally the guys, get them emotionally charged up, or have the gonads to be a loud voice of competitiveness....and good for Torch to recognize upfront he's gonna have to be a yapper. I hope the W's keep coming as the other teams in the hunt are not going to roll over, even after last nights win there are only 7 teams in the NHL with worse records than the Wild so it is going to take quite the run to claw back up....but plenty of time so we shall see.

Like Todd Richards bit us and Leslie Frazier and Kevin McHale and Denny Green and Mike Tice lol, Yeo is a complete clown, I wish the players could tell you that and not me. Thought I read Yeo was a "great coach" ???? What lol ? He would've been fired appropriately and on time last year without a last ditch goalie signing of Dubnyk. Dubby stood on his melon and gave Yeo another years chance. Apparently the Wild was shutting down on Yeo and Brunette: with the way they played last night. Honestly, Chuck Fletcher best look in the mirror, he gave Yeo a lot of these dudes. Chuck is next. Yeo wrong place wrong time, but got a chance and maybe it'll lead to another chance, thankful we can try to move forward now with whoever is behind the bench and break free from Yeo's repetitive negativity.  

3 hours ago, bbfenatic said:

IMO last nights win shows me we have no leaders in the locker room.  Yeo was more of a players coach and left it up to the Vets to rally the troops and it was pretty evident with Torch's constant barking on the bench that there is no veteran leader on the team to rally the guys, get them emotionally charged up, or have the gonads to be a loud voice of competitiveness....and good for Torch to recognize upfront he's gonna have to be a yapper. I hope the W's keep coming as the other teams in the hunt are not going to roll over, even after last nights win there are only 7 teams in the NHL with worse records than the Wild so it is going to take quite the run to claw back up....but plenty of time so we shall see.

I agree bb. Looks like these guys need a babysitter the way they came out last night with all that energy that has been non-existent for the last month. Apparently getting paid millions of dollars to play a game is not enough to get these guys motivated.

It is what it is I guess. The NHL recycles coaches at a rapid pace so nothing new here. Yeo was the 5th longest tenured coach in the league at only 5 years. I'm surprised he got what he did out of this roster.

Coyle and Haula have been playing great lately. Nice to see Zucker get one on a hustle play. He has had a couple good games in a row, but wasn't rewarded.

As for the coaching situation... Well, it just totally ticks me off that these rich babies decided to play now. This is a prime example of what is wrong in professional sports. I never thought I would see the day this would happen in NHL. Expected it in the NBA and NFL.

Like Yeo or not, the last two games are proof it was the players and not him or the system who were not playing.

I am interested to see where Torch can lead this team, but we need to get a dozen or so games in before we can really see what Torch is bringing to the Wild.

Yeo will turn up again and will be a successful coach in this league.

Here is how I see the rest of the season playing out.

Torch will get enough out of the players to get us into the playoffs and a first round matchup with the Hawks, and we will promptly lose in 4 games again.  

We need a coach that has real experience in WINNING a playoff series, not just getting there.  Not sure who would be available but I do not like to idea of just promoting the AHL coach.

2 hours ago, CaptainMusky said:

Coyle and Haula have been playing great lately. Nice to see Zucker get one on a hustle play. He has had a couple good games in a row, but wasn't rewarded.

As for the coaching situation... Well, it just totally ticks me off that these rich babies decided to play now. This is a prime example of what is wrong in professional sports. I never thought I would see the day this would happen in NHL. Expected it in the NBA and NFL.

Like Yeo or not, the last two games are proof it was the players and not him or the system who were not playing.

I am interested to see where Torch can lead this team, but we need to get a dozen or so games in before we can really see what Torch is bringing to the Wild.

Yeo will turn up again and will be a successful coach in this league.

Yeo must be sitting at home with both a sense of relief and disgust. Did they have to buy out the rest of his contract I thought he had another year left on his deal?

3 in a row on the road, not tough opposition but maybe get some confidence back. Too bad the guys couldn't find the spark with Yeo still present but lots of teams at many levels of play kinda get stale and can fall into a funk and it can get tough to pull out of. We'll see what we can do vs. Chicago a true contender in a couple days.

I guess I see it different.  I always thought for the most part (except vanek) the players worked hard and that hasnt changed.  What i notice the last 3 games is sometimes 2,3 men in front and crashing the net.  Something i never saw with this bunch.  So i think there is an offensive philospy difference.

Probably a bit different philosophy but even Torchetti said he wasn't going to make any changes with the system and that the main thing was to make sure they compete. They are definitely getting off the ice quicker with their shifts. To me its been pretty obvious the improved effort the team as a whole has been putting forth. The are skating way harder than they were. Have played some garbage teams too so we will see what happens.