• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2015-2016 Season

hoppe56307

Wells said bbfenatic that's about how my rant was gonna go....:grin:

Not sure what Yeo is thinking with his shoot-out guys but you are right it isn't working. Kind of sums up their offense in general they just don't have any playmakers on this team that can consistently seal the deal on offense.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make the playoffs this year. A lot of teams are on the move up in the west and we are going in the wrong direction.

Man, at this point I don't know. We have so many guys slumping and in a big way. I think the writing is on the wall for Yeo after this season. I don't even know who to go after at this point, but I think this whole mid-season slumping each and every year has to have worn thin.

I expect some sort of a trade to happen in the next couple weeks, but I don't think it will make any difference. There isn't really anyone worth going after. We need a true #1 center and in exchange we could shop our D depth.

I would have liked to see a Ryan Nugent Hopkins deal worked out, but with his injury that isn't likely. Im not a fan of Drouin at this point

14 hours ago, bottomdweller said:

same old song and dance, getting harder and harder to watch, Ive missed maybe one game this year.  Yeo needs to go, I dont dislike him but I think he lost the team.  

x2  

The only reason I could see him staying on until the end of the year is if the Wild have the balls to go out and sign Darryl Sutter away from the kings.

I think Fletch has to carry part of the blame. He built this team around smaller (and supposedly) faster, more skilled players and now we see other teams have just as fast and more skilled players who are bigger/stronger.  We lose way to many battles along the boards and in the corners, have a hard time moving people out front, get knocked around way to easy, and from a skill standpoint we just don't have it and have become a "dump and chase" team. Unfortunately the way this team is built we have to go 110% for a full 60 and that just isn't possible so we have long stretches of poor play. IMO our "window" closed last year and our Vets are on the down slide. It may be that Yeo had a hand in these players along with Fletch but there have been several articles recently highlighting the poor moves Fletch has made over the last several years and has left us with fewer draft picks than we should have and a below avg team along with a below avg farm team down in Iowa. I had high hopes for both Yeo and Fletch but I have become a fan of neither and hope Leo gets rid of both after the season....time to rebuild as we are going nowhere with this group IMO and we deserve much better.

Problem with making a coaching change now is, who is out there to replace Yeo? Might be better to wait till after the season and the coaching carousel starts. 

I think having Dubby make the all-star squad and no 1 else says a little something what idk but to the top of this page and Yeo again.........................It sure isn't Jaques Lemaire and Mario Tremblay running the show. We actually disbanded a checking line and a goon platoon on the 4th line allegedly replaced them with scoring and speed but we're not scoring and we look slow not that the Boogaards of the world are still in the NHL I simply feel if we hit the weight room against every other team in the NHL we'd finish last, we appear kinda weak, soft, idk lack size idk. our feeble power play might mean we have no strength in front of the net, and we didn't want a Milan Lucic kind of guy idk, closing in on if Yeo is there I'm not, can't stand him or his press conferences, he has shouldered 0 of it, puts it on the guys 100% of the time which yes they play but cmon clown admit you're a clown. 

PS. If Todd Richards was a clown then at least Yeo is wearing the green wig and floppy shoes, we'll pin the red nose on him and the white smiley painted face if we miss the playoffs.

PSS. And the polka dotted jumpsuit, he has that packed in his carry on already.

Ive always liked him too, but after seeing everyone on this team in a slump except for coyle, and the defense looking so sloppy for quite a while and I know they can play much better, we have seen it.  You have to put it on someone and maybe its just Yeos time for exit stage right.   

This slump doesn't even come close to comparing to what they have gone through the last 3 years. In those seasons they were inundated with injuries/illness which caused many players to miss a lot of time. This year they have been relatively healthy. Aside from Parise playing with a knee brace and missing some games, we have had most of our guys.

What a pathetic game last night. 2 quick goals, but I knew that wasn't going to hold. They were getting out played big time from the second goal on and it wasn't even close.

Something is drastically wrong. Something big will have to happen in order to turn this around. Even after they have won what 1 game in their last 10 they are still only 1 pt out of a playoff spot. Its so frustrating that they go through skids like this if they could just string together some consistency. Heck, I would even take a loss in OT right now.

Wow, when do they hit bottom?  And consider the stats Russo reported from last night, Parise no shots on net, Koivu not shots on net, Vanek no shots on net, Granlund no shots on net, Nino no shots on net, and only 3 between Zucker, Pom, and Coyle. When that bunch can't even produce shots on net we are toast.  Russo also says that Fletch who usually will except his request for an interview has denied Russo's request the last 3 times so you know Fletch has no answers and I don't think there is a player available who could turn this around anyway. I'd like to see them start putting guys in the press box and bring up whomever has a heartbeat down in Iowa just to send a message.

Agree not saying it's his fault either I think we Joe mauer'ed the team maybe sinking in too much into Parise and Suter and neither can be found in the scoring pages in the star tribune each Sunday not that suter would be there. Lemaire 8 titles as a player, Tremblay had 5 I believe, unknown as coaches how many they got Lemaire 1 with NJ in 1995 I know that because of Mike Peluso and the crash line. Yeo played in zero NHL games to my knowledge not that it should matter. I think some thought Leslie Frazier might be ok and the league found out no that's not the case so I'm kinda Leslie on Yeo or is it now Yeo'ch!

The tough thing for me is, say they part ways with Yeo. Who do they bring in? Regardless if its now or after the season. Its not like there are experienced coaches just sitting there looking for a job.

I saw someone say Barry Melrose (IDK where I saw it) PLEASE NO!!! That guy has certainly run his course.

There is some merit in guys who have "done it", but at the same time there are coaches like Jon Cooper who hasn't done it either and took his team to the Cup Finals last year.

BTW I am sure glad that the Blue Jackets brought in Tortorella. I was able to see what a trainwreck he truly is so now I know I wouldn't want him here.

Tough times for the Wild.  I know it's the coaches job to motivate these guys, but how about some of our leaders step up, and lead by example.  We spend all this money on Parise, who does his part although I think he is definitely playing hurt right now, and Suter, who just doesn't really show the heart IMO.  It was his awful turnover that lead to the first goal in the last game, and when asked about it after the game tried to spread the blame to everyone else.  How bout he shows some accountability and takes some responsibility for it.  Maybe he's playing too many minutes, but I just don't really see the fight out of him.  Then you've got Koivu and Vanek who have each been struggling in their own right, and I just don't see the hustle out of them.  

As far as Yeo goes I wish he would just take a stand and put some of these guys in the press box for a game or 2 to show them it's not tolerated.  Pomminvile, Granlund, Koivu, Vanek, Suter have all had games where it looked like they were just taking the night off. We'll see what happens, hopefully they can turn it around again, but it's looking more and more less likely each game.

Maybe too little too late but still a good move by Yeo. Have an idea he's wanted to do this for awhile but has been over ruled. Show some stones and put Sutter up there if he survives until the home stand.

Have inside info to a rumor that Zucker has a very unhappy fiance with his healthy scratch status in a contract year.

they played a better game tonight, they sure have some issues putting the puck into the wide open nets. I have watched other games, and it seems other teams have no problems hitting the net on shots from out beyond the circles, but the wild seem to miss the net often on these shots. you need to put these on net, to create tips, deflections and rebounds.

it was nice to see parise playing in front of the net instead of vanek.

Dubnyk saved the day last year and what situation would we be in without having added him. We have nothing for trade value either contracts too big or young guns aren't producing anything, this is what we got. When you decide to go small and quick forgetting checking and toughness you better have 2 killer power play units that scare the other team enough into not putting us on the PP. Send Yeo back to Iowa, like Leslie Frazier there's no head job waiting for him after we send him packing. We Mike Tice'd him into a head job and he shouldn't be. The whole thing is bad and Yeo isn't completely at fault, but the guys have tuned him out, his practice rants are lame, we got from Jaques Lemair to Yeo. Yeo'ch. Now we're handcuffed and Yeo's right about that we got who we got and that's that. I concur.

I hear you at some point they may have to pull the plug on him but I have serious concerns that this would not solve the problem. I think their biggest problem is at Center. Yeo was at the helm last year when we beat the Blues in the first round of the playoffs and plenty of folks nationally didn't think we had a chance. I am starting to think the bigger issue is management not getting some depth where we need it. These players are making millions of dollars and they should be playing hard for the fans who pay out their a$$ to watch them perform. I just hate it when you hear the words "the players aren't playing for the coach anymore". Maybe that is the case but it certainly should not be an excuse.

We didn't have a chance vs. the Blues ? I thought after gathering Dubnyk we were the hottest team in the NHL the 2nd half ? Maybe not. I hear you but if we lose Yeo I do not believe there would be any uproar with anyone disgusted about that idea and I don't think any other NHL teams would be getting in line to sign him. I think he has lost the team, we don't know what is being said in the locker room or at practice. All I've heard out of him is negativity and the team seems to sense or hear it or feel it idk. Then again when you've had 8 fighting majors as a team on the year and got manhandled in all of those and our top checker is 789th in the league in hits there isn't much there to gain or gather any momentum so you better gather it in scoring. I mean there were 8 fighting majors last night in the NHL and as I just watched those, both benches players are standing, the crowd is going awol, the coaches are pacing around, the building gets energy, the fighters are getting high fived as they come off etc. We all recall the day when your team was down in the dumps out came Willie Plett, Jack Carlson, Larry DePalma, Matt Johnson, Boogaard and Scott etc. I know that's a thing of the past but when your team is energyless like it's been for a month and no 1 on our team will step up and at least attempt to energize the building etc. and or by throwing a big check, we're lucky there's enough games left to try and find an answer and get hot and we are all holding onto that hope we catch fire get in and maybe are a threat again. My personal opinion is we have a very boring team to watch.

Oh man, is Zach parise honestly sitting at 123rd in the league in scoring ? Mikko was our highest guy in 69th place and Ryan Suter fell someplace inbetween. With the power play time those 3 see oh brother, I owe Mike Yeo an apology for previous posts, at least somewhat, just read the day we signed the 2 big boys it said even former wild players want to come back and play with these 2 superstars. The state of MN has never been so excited.