• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Alaskan Bush People

Big Dave2

I am totally FED UP with the way Alaska is being exploited in this rash of TV garbage. So-called "survivors" killing animals in the middle of summer (you can tell by the foliage); goofy groups of absurd "bush people" fraudulent "guides".

It is ALL trash and it angers me because there are enough naive people in the world today they will believe that is what Alaska is really like.

Pitiful.

What's funny is they want you to believe this family has survived in the bush, on their own, for over twenty years. Yet they can't make it an episode without messing up something simple like getting a fire going or just getting somewhere. It's comical.

The other show with Sue Atkins,UMM Whats that called? Ufatz said it like it is. That fat Sue is always searching for the next critter that will eat her! What a joke.Hard survival? She has every machine one would need to form a construction company,fuel oil heat but that critter is going to eat her if she dont kill it!

On the side google Cody Lundeen from duel survival.He is sueing for deflamation and has lots to say about how big city exes run those shows!

My wife asked,(at the start of the first show) "why are none of the boys married?" After about 1 minute of watching it she knew why. Who, with a brain would go to start a homestead in Alaska in the fall? It's like funniest home videos, Dumb and dumber, the worst fails, all wrapped up into one.

My wife asked,(at the start of the first show) "why are none of the boys married?" After about 1 minute of watching it she knew why. Who, with a brain would go to start a homestead in Alaska in the fall? It's like funniest home videos, Dumb and dumber, the worst fails, all wrapped up into one.

Plus + 1 on the question of all the boys 25 to 32 or what ever not married. I fear for their little sisters being out in the middle of no where with them. eek

Or the episode where they spent all this time building their cabin doing odd jobs to get supplies and working day and night and all the town folks came out to help them finish it. Then they hear a few shots one night and pack everything up and leave! With a little army like that I would have posted some of the guys out and it would have been Hatfield & McCoy's before I would have given up my land and all that work! smirk

If you want to see the real deal check out Dick Proenicke's "Alone in the Wilderness". I have the DVD but you can watch it on you tube.

That's one of my favorite shows of all time. I watch it every time it is on channel 2.

if you do some research on these idiots you find that the first homesite where they built their home and then got run off, was not exactly wilderness. It was 5 acres of property with nearby neighbors and not too far from the closest town.

You will also find out that they are being charged with theft and fraud having to do with Alaska dividend money and falsifying documents. http://www.adn.com/article/20141022/stars-alaska-reality-tv-show-charged-pfd-fraud

they are odd people they depict in some of those shows but with any TV show you know there is a lot of editing to make something people will watch and talk about!! As for the bush people watch the show where they answer questions from people that watch the show and you will see that they are a true family and that they did have some odd events take place but there were some reasoning behind most of the situations they were in.

and to the Sue Atkins comment...she is an odd duck and a loner but she admits that and she had been attacked by a bear before so that might be part of her paranoia. A lot of stuff you can find out on the net about some of the back round of these characters!

Or the episode where they spent all this time building their cabin doing odd jobs to get supplies and working day and night and all the town folks came out to help them finish it. Then they hear a few shots one night and pack everything up and leave! With a little army like that I would have posted some of the guys out and it would have been Hatfield & McCoy's before I would have given up my land and all that work! smirk

In reality they got run off the land because the neighbors didn't like the idea of all the cameras and commotion going on around them. There were no real shots fired but one of the neighbors did shoot fireworks up in the general direction of a helicopter that was shooting footage for the show.

Yeah, I'm at home recovering from a surgery so I have nothing better to do than to look this stuff up!

I happen to know for a fact they edit out of the show every week where each member of the family laughs all the way to the bank. I watched one episode, saw I knew more about "the bush" than they did by my third year in Boy Scouts, and immediately turned back to Alaska the Last Frontier. I'm much more enamored with junk pile millionaires acting like they live off the land than the Brown family amateurs.

From Stoopid Housewives: http://stoopidhousewives.com/2015/01/31/...alaskanbushppl/

Those Bush People shoot some nice rifles don't they, for having no money and bartering for every thing. I want a pre-64 model 70 -270 anyone want to trade for 5 salmon? A feather weight!- 3 salmon for a 243.

I was stuck in a hotel recently as part of an out of town seminar. I caught the show. They had one of the boys on a tracking mission to find game so the rest of the family could hunt it.

He was running around the woods without a shirt and making quick glances to the left and right every so often like he was a predator in hot pursuit of game.

He found a bed with deer droppings and said, "a deer was here not that long ago." LOL!!! I don't even deer hunt and I could have found that

This reality TV stuff has really got out of hand. Doesn't seem to matter what time of day something is on. I don't know if it's the frontier but one of them they bust there hump pretty hard to keep the homestead going but we all know all of it is staged. The father in law goes out of his way to watch swamp people, I'm like really, you can't even understand what there saying. Lol

The father in law goes out of his way to watch swamp people, I'm like really, you can't even understand what there saying. Lol

Swamp People was interesting for about 2 episodes but after that how many times can you catch an alligator and make it dramatic. I can't believe that show is still going.