• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vikes vs Kitty's??

FISHINGURU

"good" is relative. i would say he played ok for a short stretch of games. At no time did he ever really look like a franchise QB.
Agreed that he never looked franchise. He did have a nice run for a time where he did look like he could play in this league. That was short lived.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Quarterback Christian Ponder led Minnesota to a 24-13 upset over the San Francisco 49ers last Sunday, going 21-for-35 for 198 yards with two passing touchdowns, and a 23-yard run for a score. Ponder has not thrown an interception this season and is second in the league with a 70.1 completion percentage.

Along with Ponder, running back Adrian Peterson rushed 25 times for 86 yards and kept the San Francisco offense on the sidelines.

Quote:
Second-year quarterback Christian Ponder has the Minnesota Vikings heading in the right direction and on the verge of matching their win total of last season.

To do so, they'll have to end a three-game losing streak to the Detroit Lions, who are optimistic that quarterback Matthew Stafford will be healthy enough to go Sunday at Ford Field.

Ponder is second in the NFL with a 70.1 completion percentage and fifth in passer rating at 104.9. He went 21 of 35 for 198 yards and two touchdowns in a 24-13 victory over previously undefeated San Francisco last week.

"The more plays I get, the more film I watch, it slows down and I just feel so much more comfortable in what I'm doing," said Ponder, who also ran for a score. "And it helps when the players around you are playing so well."

I'm not sure I get your point. All I see is that Ponder had a normal game with less than 200 yards and a 3 game losing streak that they hoped to end so that they could match the previous season's 6 win total. crazy

Against a banged up team, the queens still didn't look to good.

That is some irony there!!

LABS- Thought you don't watch Vikes games or cheer for them, you always have better things to be doing?

I love how some of these guys (you know who) don't watch Vikes games or any football for that matter when they are wrong, but if they think they are right about something they are on during the games posting.

If they are wrong they aren't on for days, were really busy, and had better things to do then watch the games. IALTO grin

I personally wouldn't compare Blunders poor performance to Rookie Teddys. Experienced Blunder couldn't move the ball past the 40 yard line against the Fudges poor defense.

Rookie Teddy was going against the Lions D, one of the best in the league so far this season. We still drove down on the first drive at ease until Teddy made a poor decision trying to force it to Patterson. We were driving nice before the half when Asiata let one go right through his hands into for another INT.

Either way we lost and played poor, I wonder why our D is horrid until we give them the first TD then we buckle down and play well. Doesn't matter much when you can't get any points on the board.

I wouldn't be down on the coaching staff yet, wait for a couple drafts and free agency periods first. They are only playing the junk hand they were dealt.

I wouldn't be down on the coaching staff yet, wait for a couple drafts and free agency periods first. They are only playing the junk hand they were dealt.

Yup. New coaching staff, young players, and a rook QB with 2 NFL starts under his belt. Give the team some time to develop and give the staff time to put their players/program in place. If after a couple years it sucks then it's time to bag on the staff.

You can look at Petie out in Seattle as a real good example.

I was at work so I didn't get to see the game but the wife told me that she could have announced the game better than the, and I quote, "Two dork mouthed nit wits" that did the announcing.

LABS- Thought you don't watch Vikes games or cheer for them, you always have better things to be doing?

I love how some of these guys (you know who) don't watch Vikes games or any football for that matter when they are wrong, but if they think they are right about something they are on during the games posting.

If they are wrong they aren't on for days, were really busy, and had better things to do then watch the games. IALTO grin

I personally wouldn't compare Blunders poor performance to Rookie Teddys.

Settle down Guru... I never said I don't watch the Vikings... it's what I have access to. SO I watch. When they play like yesterday, I WILL find something better to do. Glad you were able to stomach that if you watched the complete game. And yes, you are correct I do not root for them, never have, never will... but I like to watch football, that was not football!

And yes I will point out it doesnt matter if it's precious Teddy or Flounder out there... The team didn't give up against the Packers anymore than they did yesterday... they just plain SUCK! Trot out whomever you want, that entire Oline blows! Jennings blows! I think he is content to cash his big check every week.... Patterson has his head in the clouds, Asiata? no idea what is going on with him...

Spin it however you want... they are a team mimimally better than last year... Dimmer better get control of his team... they hardly look to be the polished, fundamentla team everyone was predicting with him at the helm.

Good Luck!

Ken

Hate to say it, but they just don't have anywhere near the talent to be good in this league. Look at the good teams offensively, they are better than us at every single position. Take Dallas for instance, better qb, better rb, better receivers and te, exponentially better o-line. We just don't stack up offensively against the good teams. AP was most of our offense, you take him out along with Rudolph and Fusco they're gonna struggle.

Kalil is really hurting this team right now, we spent a top 5 pick on him, and he is looking more and more like a bust each week. The whole offensive line needs work with the exception on Sullivan, who imo is average at best. It may not be the flashy, but it might be time to spend some more high draft picks on that offensive line. Look at Dallas, they did and that line is what is carrying that team.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Ouch.....and Teddy is one tough dude to take a hammering like that. If he survives the god-awful oline performance until a better one can be built I think he stands a chance. He plays better when the Vikes go uptempo even with that oline.

And What's up with Patterson...I wonder if he will show up for a game anytime soon.

Announcers along with their bosses oughta be fired!!!!

Jerick McKinnon looked OK against the top run D in the league. He is going to be fun to watch.

After the first series the Defense looked better...but there was no Calvin Johnson or Reggie bush to contend with. So yeah...they should have been better than they showed.

The Vikes are exactly where I thought they'd be...not ready for Primetime just yet. I'm glad Zimmer is kicking butt in that locker room.

Some of those young guys are getting their humble pie served in their face. Now we get to see how they handle it.

I can't say much about our Defensive Line either....we are definitely not getting our Monies worth out of the our DE's

You want Jared back???

1 sack through 5 games and it came at garbage time. At least now we are playing TEAM defense, and look way better as a TEAM on that side of the ball.

It's true the O-line is playing like garbage, you guys argue if they quit and gave up or not but I'll argue that they never even started lol.

Jennings is overpaid for a mediocre #3 WR mentor type player. Just think there were people that thought he was a real #1 WR.

Asiata is a dumpster fire, I hope people didn't really think he was good? I'm happy to be seeing more McKinnon then him, hopefully they start rotating in Banyard, I'd rather see him over Asiata.

I wouldn't throw Patterson under the bus yet he's only a 2nd yr WR, he's the only single threat we have on offense so I'm sure he's getting most of the defenses attention. They can say get open all they want but there are other ways to get him touches that they are not doing. Hopefully soon they will realize no one has time for routes to develop and need to start doing some quick plays.

We've built our whole team around AP the past 6-7 yrs now he's gone, wouldn't be as bad if we had his money spent around on other players but he's still making that money not even playing.

Sounds like Zimmer has his hands full with this lackluster squad. He's handing out fines, players late for meetings, guys giving up, ect.