• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Off Season Deals

RuddyDuck

The gander floro is no good. Was down at table rock this past weekend and a couple of buddies bought it to try and and ended up taking it off and respooling after the first day as it frayed badly broke on them quite a few times. Also have a friend that works at gander corp and told me the line is nowhere near any of sunlines good stuff. The braid they have i will say is nice, feels and acts just like sunline sx braid, i use all sx on my spinning gear and they tried the gander braid, couldnt tell the difference. Would stay away from the floro though.

It might be 'made by Sunline' but that doesn't mean much. There are only 3 or 4 factories in the world that make Fluorocarbon in the first place. One is in Germany, the rest are in Japan. Fluoro is used for all sorts of stuff from fishing line to filter media so there are all kinds of different formulas for it. It's all about formulation and specs. Look even within the Sunline brand itself and there are varying qualities of fluoro.

As I've said many times, with fluorocarbon line I've just plain come to the conclusion that you get what you pay for...

RK,

Actually now there are quite a few Chinese factories working with Fluoro. Not sure on their quality but I've been coming across them more now. I just wish you didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for good Fluoro....

JP Z - I think some of the Chinese factories are just extruding fluoro rather than actually producing it. Be interesting to know for sure tho.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the cost. What I've learned though is the cost is somewhat balanced out by the longevity. I can fish premium fluoro for a whole season on a casting rod and not have to respool. I respooled with mono once a month. So you figure it that way it's probably a wash cost-wise.

That is not, I say not, a rationalization for spending $35/spool for fishing line.

smile

I'll check with my guys in China to see what they can offer as far as info on that one. And well yeah..............if you actually respool over the summer it would make sense smile

Please don't jump me or make this a buy American thread but- I was curious and tried come of the Chinese braid of b.a.y. I tried a 8 thread and a 4 thread, fact is it was very tough to tell them from what I was using for about 6 times more money. Flouro might be different though, braids are closer or more similar than extruded mono or flouro.

If you want to look at what is available from china, check out alibaba dot com. Pretty interesting.

Looks like the base material for the fluorocarbon comes from japan, and gets made into line in China.

I happened to be at Scheels Sat. in St. Cloud. They had Storm Arashi Squarebills on clearance for $4.99. They had a decent selection of them. They also had Quantum Kinetic BC reels for $60. A decent aluminum framed reel for that price. 

Rapala Shadow Raps are on sale at FF for $6.50.

Not a bad deal. If anyone hasn't tried one, you should really give it a go. This thing basically makes the x-rap and husky jerk obsolete. It draws attention, and it's so erratic I end up snagging a lot of fish.

Anyone spot any good Black Friday(Cyber Monday) deals coming up?  I see Cabelas has the Quantum EXO PT casting reels listed for $99.

I've been trying to keep my eyes peeled. I saw a good deal at Cabela's for a Humminbird 688 HD DI for $269. I might have to throw it on my fishing kayak.

Tackle Warehouse sale on Seaguar line for today... Day 1: 25%-55% Off All Seaguar

*25 Days Sale Price will be honored for all back ordered Seaguar

Seaguar Flippin Braided Line

Sale! $19.49 to $20.79

Seaguar Flippin' Fluorocarbon Line

Sale! $12.99 to $16.89

Seaguar Tatsu Fluorocarbon Line

Sale! $26.39 to $175.79

Seaguar Red Label Fluorocarbon Line

Sale! $8.49 to $42.99

Seaguar InvizX Fluorocarbon Line

Sale! $12.99 to $271.99

Seaguar AbrazX Fluorocarbon Line