• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Off Season Deals

RuddyDuck

I guess I'm in between with SK hooks. They seem sharp enough but at the same time I have had quite a few break off. I guess I am just kind of cheap and don't want to waste the money changing hooks haha. Plus I have a TON of cranks and that would cost a lot of money.

The Rogers Gander Mtn has Lew's Tournament MG's on clearance for $99, 6:4.1 ratios. Plus another 10% off till the 21st I believe, so their $89 out the door. I've now joined the Lew's club!

I wasn't even aware that this Gander had fishing stuff, thought it was just a gun store, but I guess it went to a regular Gander in Oct, so they now carry fishing stuff.

That's a great deal.

I was at Cabelas in Rogers Sat and didn't see any deals on that Lew's model. The only Lew's on sale was the Lazer Pro Speed spool for $79(retail $129), but those have a graphite frame.

They do have Chronarch E's on sale for $159 at the store. I also see they have Smokes on sale online for $149. I suppose with the new models starting to come out, the old models are getting discounted. Thats good for us.

Walmart in Monticello has S.K. Tungsten Bullet weights for $5 a pack. 1/8, 3/16 and 1/4oz is what I saw. I grabbed the last of the 3/8's! Might be some other sizes too. They did have one pack of 1/8 marked for 2.50 also. The Ardent reel lubes are also marked down to $5. The Forest Lake store also had some of these weights and the oil too.

My Fleet Farm in Brainerd has some decent stuff in the Clearance bins. They have Storm Arashi for 50% off so I scored a handful. And some Bombshell turtles for 70% off........I like turtles.

I see that Cabelas is having a Bass Classic sale on their webbbsite. They have Lew's tournament MG's for $80 and the Speed spool Tournament's for $100. Also Chronarchs for $150. They have some others on sale too, plus lures and other equipment.

If you like to use any Berkley power bait or Gulp soft plastics, Abu Garcia, Fenwick and many others you need to check out Fisherman's Factory outlet HSOforum. Crazy good deals at times. I picked up a 550yd spool of Trilene XL 9# test for $4.00, and a spool of 4# XL for $2.00. Also floating gulp leeches 4" for $2.00.

I agree. Need more left-hand cranks on baitcasters!! I'm looking to switch to Lews and these are great prices.

BPS has Havoc on sale. With the rebate, gets it under $1.50/bag. Pitboss has become my number one plastic by far for t-rigging thick weeds/milfoil and on a plain leadhead for smallies. The craw fatty and pitboss work good as swim-jig trailers.

rascal

[The craw fatty and pitboss work good as swim-jig trailers.]

I second that! Like you say, they are cheap too.

I noticed the Lew's sale at Cabelas has ended now. Well they are still on sale, but not as cheap as this past weekend. frown

They do have LuckCraft LVR's on sale for $6.99(normally $16.99). Maybe at that price I could try one, but $17 for a lipless crank would be way too much to donate to a hammerhandle!

On Feb. 28 we stopped in at Cabelas in Rogers relatively early and saw a bunch of clearance racks and a lot of people around them(a manager took notice too). We saw their sign(and mgr did too) saying take additional 50% off lowest clearance price. We found out that this was an error! Sign was supposed to say additional 50% on items ending in .88 or something like that. Associate quickly came and took signs down. We (and many others)took full advantage of this and bought a few winter jackets and spring/fall jackets. We saved over $600 off regular price! North Face jacket($220) for $75 as an example. If I didn't tell the cashier I probably wouldn't have received the extra half off, they were aware of the error. We called our kids and asked their sizes for jackets and others around there were calling people too. There was also hunting camo at ridiculous prices, too bad I didn't need any.

Right now Gander has 30% off all Clearance items. Bought some Excalibur Lipless for around $4 which was nice. And also they introduced their own namebrand lines which look quite slick. I'm very interested in their Fluoro as it is made by Sunline (One of my favorites) and you get a 400 yard spool for $20

It's actually listed in their current ad flyer. You can see in the pic of the box that it says 'Manufactured by Sunline', on the box.

I saw this too and I'm curious if this is regular Sunline flouro or something cheaper. The price is right if it is decent stuff.