• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Off Season Deals

RuddyDuck

Dick's has 20$ off over 100$ + free shipping today only, they sell the Lews tournament speed spool for 149$, this along with the $30 rebate lews is offering right now brings it down to $99 no tax shipped to home.

Kind of sad, it's almost 'Off Season' again. frown

Cabelas has the Pflueger Summit Baitcast reels on Sale for $50 online(store will match) right now. It's pretty much last years Trion painted black, with a few more bearings and EVA Knobs.

If any one is into Citicas, they have one in the bargain cave for $99. I believe it is a return, but looked ok.

Anyone use the Abu Veritas casting rods at all? I know RRR has one for flipping and likes it. I got a 7' spinning rod this past season and didn't really like it. It's medium action, but feels like MH. The screw down portion of the reel seat is too big and doesn't hold the reel firmly in place. $50 is a good deal though so I'm hoping people have good things to say about the baitcasters.

I heard they break a lot but I bought two and like them. Got them for $50 earlier this year. I have a 7'6" mh and a 7' m. The 7'6" I use for jigs and I like it. Had a lews speed spool and bb1 on it and they seated good. Id get a few more for that price but I'm already short 3 reels frown

Started at noon today (Central Time) it goes to 12/5 I believe. There is so much traffic right now that I can't get to their site. Great time to stock up for next season for sure.

"Tackle W: I didn't get an email and logged into my account on the site and I'm not seeing any BF sale..... Am I missing the trick? "

Didn't know about it either, but it showed when I got on their web site. (was looking for best price on some Plano boxes)

I justed checked on my end and TW still has 20% off BF deal going. It is advertised in one of the smaller banners on thier HSOforum. Best way to check is to put an item in your shopping cart and the discount should show up. One issue is that there are no discounts on Shimano products I believe. I didn't get a email either.

They are pretty awesome! Sharpest trebles out there. I have them on some of my squarebills. The ones I bought at Joe's are going on my Luck E Strike RC Stx jerkbaits since those hooks are terrible. A lot of time people talk about replacing all their cranks with these terribles but I really don't see a problem with Strike King crank hooks. They seem pretty sharp out of the package.

The KVD short shank triple grips are the only hooks I'm actually scared of - and I handle fish with 6/0 trebles in their face all the time muskie fishing.

Seriously, they are nasty sharp, and just sticky. I do think I hook fish better with them, and definitely think I lose fewer fish on cranks with them. I became pretty sold on triple grips when I started using them on walleye cranks, but the lighter wire standard shank models that work well on walleye cranks weren't really suited for bass cranks. The heavy short shank KVD models solve that.

I replace most of my crankbait hooks with them (funny, BF24 but I hate Strike King hooks out of the box - to each their own smile ) I also will frequently go up a size while I'm at it especially on lipless cranks and deep divers.