• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

my first bow buck

rcook72

full-10057-38587-2013_11_02_16_34_59.png

I am flying high now fellas. Made it to Missouri first sit. I know there are bigger bucks down here but I couldn't pass this guy up for my first buck with a bow. Have been passing for years. On my first sit just at dark he followed in on my scent drag. Was nice and calm taking his time so I never stopped him. I took the shot while he was walking so it was back but I watched him run 40 yds stop and in less than 7 seconds he was expired. Also got a doe on 3rd sit tbis weekend.

I almost did pass on him. Today pulling a portable there was aa 150 and a doe bedded under my stand. In hind sight I would've kicked my own butt for not shooting him. Yep Matt I am going to shoulder mount. Gonna look good next to my Nebraska buck. Then off to Nebraska 9 days from now. Sitting in a blind trying to fill a turkey tag.

Thanks fellas for all the congrats. What a monkey off my back.

Funny you ask. I sat and Checked cameras today. He's back. along with some other pretty decent bucks. Since 30th they have been moving hard along the creek. Just can't make it out there before the lead starts flying. Hope you can get the brothers on some nice ones. Did Matt get a shot at that big one last night?

Great buck, and for your 1st! WOW! Congrats to you!

Thx slim. I know how lucky I am! I have put in some years of hunting and passing on smaller bucks.

When this chance came by I had to take it and thankfully closed the deal.