• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NEW WISCONSIN RECORD ARCHERY?

SouperStar22

He is chasing the cash on this one. Archery company truck with logo parked behind him. A Hoyt hat on, maybe he was hunting with it on. A clean pressed t shirt with company logo on it. He sure didn't shoot it with that bow, it is not set up! I would have preferred the field shot but nice deer none the less..

This was posted on another very popular archery HSOforum by someone from the Archery shop listed in the photo. A number of viewers also commented on the bare bow in the photo. He later said that the guy is a customer and came in to show off the buck, but didn't have his bow with him. So they grabbed a bow and most likely a change of attire for the photo. Apparantly he does shoot a similar bow.

Very impressive buck though!

Nels

I hope that is true, because it certainly looks set up. The truck, the hat, the shirt and the bow. It looked like some shameless advertising to me. I don't think I would let myself get used in a pic like that unless I was part owner of the shop. Not sure, it's a great buck but all the extra stuff seems to take away from it. I know that it was most likely taken legally and everything but to me, the picture just screams of a high fence fancy outfitter.

Honestly, I'm being critical of the picture, not the deer or the hunter. I hope is an average guy that went out and got the job done, Kudos to him and a buck of a lifetime.

Looks and appears Legit according to several reputable outdoor magazines. Looks like his friend is the archery shop owner. I might help a friend out like that. And all the speculation on the photo is the exact reason I would call a CO immediately to get them out there, see the legit kill site and registration and avoid any false accusations.

Well two thoughts come to mind.

1. Yuck!

2. If that money could help out my family in a pinch, I would have more logos. All the free archery stuff, they could keep it cause it would do me no good.

What a deer though! I would break down after laying my hands on it.

With all the set-up that went into that photo, maybe they should have placed him somewhere where it didn't look like the arrow on the truck is going through his head. smile Looks like he's wearing one of those arrow hats you find in a tourist shop out west!

Certainly a heckuva deer though. From what I've read, several people were chasing it, so good for him!

That's what I read too. Fair chase and he and several others had been aware of this deer roaming the woods for several years now. Sounds like he put in his time and effort. I would say I don't know how helping his friend advertise his archery shop would make people skeptical in any way. Or makes you any less of a hunter or sportsman. Granted, the bare bow looks a little silly but they may not have been thinking exactly straight given the picture's main subject. "I forgot my bow! Here, just use this one for the picture!" Regardless, everyone's entitled to their own opinion but people advertise this HSOforum on their vehicles and elsewhere don't they? Ask yourself if someone on this site would jump down someone else's throat for taking a picture with a big buck wearing a HotSpotOutdoors ball cap. It wouldn't be given a second thought.

Anyone know if the farms have worked out whether or not those non-typical zillions of points, giant-sized, and thick racks are genetic, or if they are caused by environment?

If they are genetic, anyone know if we've figured out if it's dominant/incomplete dominant/codominant/recessive/whatever?

I'm thinking where there is that one, if it's been being a very good boy to the ladies than there might be more.

He sure is quite the animal!

I had a buddy that raised deer. He told me a lot of the nontypical gene comes from the doe even though it's still a combination of that particular doe and buck. But I'm no expert and that was over a couple of cold ones. The guys that breed deer for money know exactly what makes a deer like that.