• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

twins

knoppers

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long are we going to to trot Worley and Pelphrey out there? Reminds me of Blackburn. Can't win when the starters get their a$$e$ kicked on a regular basis. Oh, and clutch hitting would be nice, on the off chance we are close. I am and have been (for about 40 years) an avid Twins fan. Just feeling frustrated.

I dont think hes an awful mgr either. Problem is that this pretty much the roster that will make up this team for a few years. Gardy just doesn't seem to connect with this roster. He seems to be the type who can lead a team with talent to beat teams with lesser talent and lose to those with better talent. Those types come a dime a dozen but this team needs someone who can get a little over achieving and improvement from the players. No idea who that guy is but gardy certainly hasn't been that guy for a few years now and I'd like to see a change.

Doubt there have been few mgrs who have retained jobs following two seasons as bad as the last two. The Vikings wouldn't keep a coach with that kind of record. I don't expect he will be fired tho. If they have a .500 season I'd expect them to offer another contract. If not close to that then I expect team to not offer it but to publicly say he either turned it down or he retired.

If they have a .500 season

Thats NOT going to happen. My guess is Gardy will be fired as some sort of scape goat for the Pohlads being too cheap to improve the team, most of all the pitching staff. That will be the biggest move the Pohlads will make- Blame it on Gardy

I had a bet at work that the Twins would lose all 9 roads games. I'm getting closer to winning that bet. I guess we will be waiting for 2 years when we have the guys coming up like Sano and others. Just have to get throught this crappy year. If Houston was not in the American league the Twins would finish with the worst record in the AL. My 100 loss might not happen that I bet on but we will be real close.

Time for an over hauling, starting with Gardy.

I am not always the one to blame the coaches, but this is one coach that has been given way too much time.

I know the pitchers are not great, but it is like everyone has lost confidence with his managing style.

Time for his small ball theory to go away. That worked with TK and his style , but no longer.

We are not going to win with pitching and defense, Gardy needs to go.

We are not going to win with pitching and defense, Gardy needs to go.

winning with pitching and defense still works when you have pitching and defense. instead we have a bunch of guys who battle their tails off on the mound and some sloths at the corner outfield spots and plouffe.

So who would make a good coach for the twins?

This team needs a leader with a personality like that of a Dan Gladden...tough, gritty and in your face.

Too many hands being held right now and over the last 4-5 years...we need someone who'll kick a behind or two.

There is not one coach in baseball that could coach these guys into contenders. No need to blame the coach for the lack of talent and pitching on this team. They have actually played better than my expectations thus far this year.

The team lacks leadership...period. When the Twins were winning championships it was with guys who had some "grit"...some "in your face" baseball.

Name the leader on the team the last 5 years...Mauer...Morneau...Gardy...it's a joke.

Gardy lost control of his team and "system" when he let Mauer play him like a fool 2 years ago. Mauer may make the Twins millions off of his jersey sales and ticket revenue...he'll NEVER lead the Twins to anything close to a championship.

Mauer is not a leader...Gardy is afraid of upsetting Mauer...Twins are doomed as long as Mauer is on the roster...it is that simple.

One of the two has to go....

Pohland played this state as he fielded 2 good teams a few years back to get his new ballpark. Since then, he cuts the payroll.

I do not blame a coach for lack of skilled players, thats the owners fault.

Until people stop going to the ballpark and attendence drops, JIm P will not spend another dime. Thier attendance should drop this year as the newness has worn off on the new ballpark.

I would rather have 2-$12 million pitchers on the roster than Mauer. The good pitcher could take us alot farther than 1 bat.

the main reason the cubbies will never compete, is all the stupid sell outs. there are a bunch of fans that back this team for reasons un-known to me. why pay millions to players you don't even need to make millions, they are already doing this with bad players. the only way the cubbies can win it all, is to loose there fan base, and start to sign good players that can win.

the twins have started the same path.

The twins sweep the sux and not a peep? Almost back to .500 and slowly creeping up the central standings

It is pretty amazing that we're nearing the half way point of the season and only 6 games out.

The starting pitching has been surprizing pretty good lately, the bullpen is vey good, and recently the bottom of the order is realy stepping up and getting some timely hits.

Still be a miracle if they go anywhere, but it's been fun to watch the young guys step in and make a difference. Bodes well for the near future I'd say.