• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mn Vikings musings

soldoncass

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit they really surprised me on Sunday. I think it is going to go like this: They will win a few games and get all you purple kool-aid drinkers all hot to trot and then let you down big time in the second half of the season. gringrin

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

All I have to say to you guys that are jealous or minimizing what the Vikes have done so far is:

The Vikes are on top of the NFC North and have been there for three weeks in a row now. Like they have been so many times before over the years.

Maybe they're a six win team or maybe they win 15...no one really knows.

Bottom line is I'm going to be a realist and enjoy the Big Win over the supposed top team in the NFL (They beat the Packers badly).

I watched Chicago win ugly all the way to the Super bowl a few years back.

The win yesterday was a thing of beauty. They played extremely well.

No one can take that away from them

unless you're in dreamland like Lmit & a few of the Pack-Bear-Lion-Steeler fans smile

An XP from being 1-2. The jags made up the extra point on a 2 pointer later that game. The XP had zero bearing on the outcome.......

You're right. I forgot about the 2pt conversion that the Vikes gave up later in the game.

I apologize for diminishing that HUGE victory over the now 1-2 Jacksonville Jaguars.

Why I like sport fans: We make predictions, those predictions turn out wrong, and then instead of revising our predictions--or, more wisely, looking in the mirror to see which mistakes WE made in our analysis--we spin the evidence to fit our previous thesis. Same things as folks in Silly Town, right L'out? smile

All in all, it was an impressive victory on Sunday. Is it a fluke? Is it evidence that the team is better than we all thought? Who knows. Not Paul Allen, not any of us. I'll be sitting back, watching the games, enjoying them as far as I can, and checking in here to see how many of you stick to preconceived ideas instead of watching the games and letting the evidence play itself out.

I think we got rid of some bad eggs recently ie. Bryant McKinnie who has south beach on his mind 24/7. My dad and I were talking, we always have the best RB on the field, kicking/punting game as solid as anyones and now Walsh's touchbacks can hide an area we used to be kinda weak in coverage of kicks, at TE we're solid, Kevin Williams at DT and Jared Allen at end, put it all together and don't forget Winfield as solid a tackler as there is and get decent QB play and why not, why can't we be in the conversation. Some confidence, momentum and ............. it isn't like Mayberry on many other teams right now, we need to stay healthy with the core group. Anyone remember the Twins lol.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

You're right. I forgot about the 2pt conversion that the Vikes gave up later in the game.

I apologize for diminishing that HUGE victory over the now 1-2 Jacksonville Jaguars.

LOL..and what do you have to say about the Vikes win over the lowly 49ers? laugh

1. We got another demonstration to confirm that Toby Dungpile is not an NFL RB

2. We also got confirmation that Joe Webb will be much worse than Tavaris Jackson as an NFL QB.

3. Even with the addition of Kalil our O line is pretty dreadful. Good job Spewman not trying to move up and get DeCastro.

4. We have the worst play calling in the NFL.

5. Our new kicker looked good on the kickoffs. Too bad we will only get to use him once a game.

6. We dont have a single RB to help in pass protection.

7. We may have found a replacement for Jim Flyingsaucer, same # too.

8. We are going to need 8 guys to protect Ponder and two XFL quality recievers are going to be trying to outrun double coverage constantly resulting in lots of punting. Hope Kluwe has a lot of Snickers stocked up. Or was that the other guy?

9. Apparently our D fence forgot how to tackle or cover anyone.

10. We are going to need coach Kline and Bobby Boushay to even win a couple games.

11. This is gonna be dreadful to watch. WI is looking better every day.

I'm sorry I don't mean ta rip u a new one but 1. Toby G is a great rb 2. Webb is way better then Jackson 5. We will use the new kicker way more then once a game... the vikes are going ta kick ALOT of feildgoals bro. Your other points have extreme merit tho. Certainally the worst play calling in the leauge.

Toby and Webb are horrible. I would feel better if Bert and Ernie where on the team. You can find any big dumb maroon to run up the middle and get 3 yards per carry. He cant block in pass defense and he cant catch the ball. Just cause he can break a tackle here and there doesnt mean squat. Matt Asiata is every bit as good as him. Dungpile was a huge mistake of a second round pick (one of the worst in Queen history). We already had a back that could steam roll you. We needed on that could come out of the backfield and catch the ball or actually be a threat to catch the ball, and help in pass defense. But, instead the narrow-minded Queens blew it and decided to take another option out of the playbook.

And Webb?? Absolutely terrible as a QB. He is the same type as Tebow, and McNabb in his prime, and Vick and RG3 will suck just as much. If you want to have a mediocre franchise and win some games and go nowhere during the playoffs by all means go ahead and make a guy like Webb your QB. When it comes to the big games guys like this fall on their faces. Look at the SB champs for the last 8-10 yrs. All teams with pocket passers that can read a defense and throw it down the field. Not this run around circus donkey that has no idea whats going on so he just starts running.

Muskybuck.......Webb was drafted to originally be a wide receiver. But as it turned out, he was more of a help to the team as a QB than WR. Even now I think the only reason that he isn't play WR is that if Ponder goes down, we don't have jack for a backup. If Ponder were ever to go down and Webb has to be our QB, we need to put Gerhardt at fullback, Harvin at one tailback and AP at the other tailback and run a true to the money, good old fashioned wishbone option offense.

Right now the main concern is to keep Ponder healthy. If he continues to play the way he has, the team will go where he goes until AP can return to being the dominant runner he was before the injury. Find a defensive end to replace Robison, because he is about a worthless as a 7th grader out there. He has like 3 tackles in the last 2 seasons. Get the pass defense playing a bit better and the Vikings could well be on their way to a decent season.

Nice nice baby, christian ponder baby, ponders back with a brand new edition tearin the titans up like an addiction, gotta play the warshington deadskins next weekend, but RG3 is hurt with an affliction, Nice nice baby, check out the spiral well christian ponder revolves it.

Somebody is rocking the mp3's this morning Beef - nice.

The Vikings continue to play with defensive passion. That can spur other parts of the team to play better. I really don't think that you can underscore the role of Harrison Smith, not just as a playmaker, but the enthusiasm that he's brought to the defensive side of the ball.

Offensively I'm still not seeing the line take care of business, except for the 49ers game. Ponder is on the run too much and Peterson is making is own holes - AP style. They aren't bad and have lots of time to clean things up before any potential playoff run.

The schedule certainly starts to get tougher but we'll see how the Vikings handle it. I'm just happy that my Dec 30th tickets to the Pack/Vikes might decide the division, if my Packers can get back within reach by that time.

Somebody is rocking the mp3's this morning Beef - nice.

The Vikings continue to play with defensive passion. That can spur other parts of the team to play better. I really don't think that you can underscore the role of Harrison Smith, not just as a playmaker, but the enthusiasm that he's brought to the defensive side of the ball.

Offensively I'm still not seeing the line take care of business, except for the 49ers game. Ponder is on the run too much and Peterson is making is own holes - AP style. They aren't bad and have lots of time to clean things up before any potential playoff run.

The schedule certainly starts to get tougher but we'll see how the Vikings handle it. I'm just happy that my Dec 30th tickets to the Pack/Vikes might decide the division, if my Packers can get back within reach by that time.

AGREED, the Purp is still having some redzone issues, they need more tds and less FGs. Im not saying the vikes are going ta win there division but im willing ta bet its a competitive race. Problem is the bears are in mix to

If the Bears and Vikings win this weekend and the Packers lose we're going to have to retire the Packer threads for awhile as they are barely going to be relevant. Instead we'll have to break out the Bears threads since it looks like they are going to be the real competition for any team looking to win the division.

Still not a believer in Cutler but with Marshall they are starting to look a little more legit. If Cutler the Mental Midget can avoid a melt down they could be tough.