• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mn Vikings musings

soldoncass

Most experts, media, and fans had the Vikings winning a MAX of @ 6 games this year. I don't understand how this season could possibly be close to imploding after a 3 point loss on the road...no matter the opponent.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most experts, media, and fans had the Vikings winning a MAX of @ 6 games this year. I don't understand how this season could possibly be close to imploding after a 3 point loss on the road...no matter the opponent.

You don't understand? Paul Allen said they'd be 2-0 going into the SF game and win 10 games on the season. The rubes eat that hogwash up and then have to be put on suicide watch when it doesn't happen because PA is the James Jones of Minnesota sports. People would be a lot less heartbroken on Mondays if they would just quit listening to that clueless tool.

You don't understand? Paul Allen said they'd be 2-0 going into the SF game and win 10 games on the season. The rubes eat that hogwash up and then have to be put on suicide watch when it doesn't happen because PA is the James Jones of Minnesota sports. People would be a lot less heartbroken on Mondays if they would just quit listening to that clueless tool.

What rubes are you talking about? Are you referencing vikings fans you hear on the radio or the people who are actually posting here. Keep in mind that those are two different groups of people. The rubes who actually waste their time to call into radio sports shows tend to be of the uber die hard persuasion that tends to boarder on the edge of obsessive compulsive. For the most part the people who post here tend to be at least a little more moderate in their delusions.

Also I guess I haven't been paying attention to this thread in awhile. So far the only person i've seen quoting PA around here is you. Does that mean you are fan of his?

LOL!

Nominee for preposterous statement of the year award.

smile

You really must listen to a lot of KFAN if you're quoting PA and now stealing a Common Man bit. But I guess I should clarify, excluding you most people tend to be more moderate in their delusions, while you tend to be off the charts. I initially excluded you because from the count because you were skewing the results to badly.

I think what is frustrating to most Vikings fans has less to do with where they end up at the end of this season as it does watching them flubbbbbup another game they should have easily won. We know they aren't playoff bound but they should be 2-0, with just enough new found confidence to be dangerous to SF.

So what...I am a Viking fan...always have been since they came into the league...always will be.

Never was a GB or Chicago fan. Even before the Vikings were

here.

Ya, a few years it got frustrating, but it is football.

I don't bet on the games, and if something else is going on,

I don't cancel the event or schedule around it to watch

the game.

And I do like to listen to PA, much better then listening to MPR.

First time I've seen the Vikings get jobbed by the officials and still win. This is likely going to be the high water mark on the season after losing to a terrible Colts team. They'll have to do this a couple times this year for me to believe.

I'm still not a believer that this team is going to do anything this year but I am starting to believe that they are at least getting better as a team.

Ponder is looking better and better. Although he has had at least two gift interceptions dropped by the other team in the last 2 weeks and he's been lucky to complete 2 of his touchdowns the last two weeks so he hasn't quite played as well as the stats may show.

I almost tried to reach through my screen at the end of the game to personally pull Toby out of the game. After one fumble I get sticky with the guy but after two like that its time to sit him down.

All in all it was a good team win, it took all aspects of the team to win this one. And a big thing was only 1 penalty this week.

Hopefully we can build on this and continue to get better. Then maybe in the next year or two we might be able to start thinking about losing in the first round of the playoffs again like the good ol' days.

pretty darn well played game on both sides of the ball. Ponder only made one really bad throw, and the niners let him get away with it. All in all I was pleasently surprised...hopefully they can build on it and have a somewhat decent season.

Other then the predictable play calling, I came out thinking Ponder was looking like a smart QB, Harvin is going to get a big contract next season. Gerhart needs to hold on the ball, the refs suck, and our new rookie kicker, is actually good.

Just think, they are a field goal from being undefeated this season. A fluke, I am sure.

Ah the refs do suck, but i mean thats not even there normel job, give em a break. the greedy NFL (Billion DollAr Industry Not wanting ta pay there employees). Tobys still a pimp, but ya he needs to hold that ball and here we come detroit....................

Ah the refs do suck, but i mean thats not even there normel job, give em a break. the greedy NFL (Billion DollAr Industry Not wanting ta pay there employees). Tobys still a pimp, but ya he needs to hold that ball and here we come detroit....................

He's somethin alright, cause he sure isn't an NFL RB by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote:
Just think,

or to think Paul Allen has the Vikings recorded nutted "perfect" after 3 games at 2-1.. blush

I'm starting to think Ponder may be a keeper after another strong game too.

Tough sunday for the haters who all lost there bets, boards and pick a loser contest!

Coaching has been outstanding so far this year to.

go vikings.