• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best fishing shoes?

bassnub

Spending 8+ hours on the water has gotten my feet and back aching when wearing sandals or going bare foot. I've been wearing Nike Air Max lately which helps but with the hot summer weather coming up I would like to get something comfortable that will help with the feet and back pain. I hear crocs are good but I have never owned a pair. Any recommendations?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wear Crocs in the boat in the summer. I mainly wear them cause when landing or loading the boat I can walk in the water and not have to worry about anything and I think they are very comfortable.

Another good option would be Keens. Water friendly and have a siped sole for good grip on wet surfaces.

I use two pair of Keen shoes. One is a sandal and one is a waterproof ankle high shoe. Between those two pair they cover about 90% of my open water fishing needs.

I will second the Teva's. I have had my pair for about 5 years now, they are still going strong. Can get them wet, and the soles are anti-microbial, so they will resist getting all stinky. And if they do, throw em in the washing machine with some bleach. If you are in the cities, you can find a couple of places at the MOA that sell discount shoes. I got mine at one of these places for about $40 or so. If you don't find any there, the big online seller with the name of a river has a good selection and free shipping.

regarding the Teva's. I have lower back problems (unsuccessful disc surgery)so whenever I am footwear shopping, comfortability is of the utmost importance to me and my feet sweat a lot. I have been able to wear these all day long and never get sore, tired, need rest etc. and they are so comfpy i actually forget i have them on most times like all day at state fair, all day family reunions etc. I love them so much i actually look for them when they are on sale in fall to "stock up" for the next year in case i have any issues like them turning green while mowing lawn, or spilling something nasty on em. i keep 1 pair for nice evening wear & worn abused ones for everyday & fishing. they are worth their weight in gold to me and i do wear them everyday (literally) in spring/summer/fall as weather dictates.

+1 on Keens-Have had 2 pairs, only reason I had to buy the second is I actually lost one of them by having it fall out of the truck when on vacation. Durable, comfy, wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

I also really like the Keen sandals. I had never been one to like sandals but when I was in a store last year I decided to try them on. Well I couldn't believe how comfortable they were. I ended up buying a pair and they are great!

Hands down (and surprised they haven't been mentioned) best footwear for the outdoors where you aren't limited to closed-toed shoes:

Chacos.

Between me and my girlfriend, Chacos have been essential with keeping our feet happy. They've been to 5 continents, and are our footwear of choice in the desert, heat, or anywhere with wading but is also safe for open-toes. I'd love to get them to Antarctica one of these days if just for a photo shoot.

I like the Z2s (big toe loop) for the extra support while scrambling up rocks, but the Z1s are also crazy comfortable.

The best part is the zorro-stripe foot tan!

As for if they'll help with back issues.. *shrugs*. They have lots of support, and very little pillow-softness. I get foot/back issues from wearing "squishy" footwear.

Crocs don't work for me. My big toe nail catches on the stupid ridges they build into the top inside area above your toes. Also the fit isn't right. Either to big, or to small.

I do love my Muck fishing boots for cool, wet weather. I also have Teva sandals, but watch out that the top of your feet don't get sunburned!

I highly recommend NOT and I repeat NOT buying Crocs if your back and feet hurt from standing too long. Crocs will not resolve any of those issues.. I work in a kitchen and owned a pair of the "Mario Batalli Edition" Crocs and my back and knees got so sore from wearing them

I have had a pair of keens for years. I just cant wear then out. I wear then for everything. Even when it gets cooler I wear a pair of brown socks (matches the color of the leather - and yes I know its geeky).

I walk my dog 2 to 3 times a day. When I wear my keens I have no foot pain or walking issues. Other shoes give me an issue. I am leaving for Canada soon for 6 days. I will bring my keens to wear as my main "shoe" to wear in the boat. Just love them.

I have a bad back, one knee replaced and the other knee is not far from being replaced so shoes are very important to me.

The best shoes I have found for me while walking or standing is a pair of Merrill's. My Nike's cannot compare to the Merrills.

I wear them about every where I go.

I have a bad back, one knee replaced and the other knee is not far from being replaced so shoes are very important to me.

The best shoes I have found for me while walking or standing is a pair of Merrill's. My Nike's cannot compare to the Merrills.

I wear them about every where I go.

Bought a pair of Merrells two years ago. Best dang shoe i've ever put on my feet.. fit perfect.. was the glass slipper to my foot.. never had a shoe fit my feet so perfectly before

Happy Birthday Harvey

I usually wear my Chaco sandals. They are very comfortable and fit well enough they are also my hiking shoes. The single strap is the best fit on the market because one pull of the strap and the whole sandal fits perfectly. If I'm going swimming or to the beach it's hard to beat the Crocs because they're so simple. For shoes you will not find a better shoe than Merrels. They are about all I've bought for shoes in the last ten years.