• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

One For the Old Man

DonBo

Many of you know I got to hunt with my Dad this spring for the first time in a LONG time. Well due to a twist of fate I was able to take a bird Monday, opening morning of our hunt, while he was sitting at home. I kinda felt like a $hit taking that bird without him being there, he was SUPPOSED to get first crack.

Anyway, after much work and little sleep, we made it happen early this morning. This tom came in quiet, right off the roost, right into our decoys, one shot at only about 15 yards put him down.

Dad's 88 years old and still hunting, successfully! We should all be so lucky.

Way to go Harry! I'm proud of you.

DSC03139.jpg

Congrats on the great bird Harry and what a great reunion you got to have Don

BTW congrats on your bird as well.

I like to remember the good times, Don. this is one you will remember.

My 85 year old grandpa was out this year as well. Not as successful as your pops, but at least he is still getting out. Oh to be that lucky. Great picture and story. May he have more in his future and you be as lucky to be hunting on your 88th!

Thanks for sharing.

Great that you got out with your dad! Loved the pics.

That's what hunting and fishing are all about, the memories made. Wish I had gotten my dad on a bird this spring, but hopefully have a few years left to get him one. I know it was pretty rough on him to be climbing Blue Ridge mountains during the pre-dawn darkness, hopefully I can get him out somewhere a little more hospitable to older folks in the coming years.