• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Half time Bird Flip?

fishgutz77

Who was this intended for is the big question.

My 17 yr old daughter caught it instantly as I was still wondering if thats what I think I saw.

If this was done in another country at the world cup by a US performer what would the reaction be?

I didn't catch it when it happened but I wasn't really watching. I thought the whole halftime show was pretty bad. Madonna looked very rigid and timid.

I'm not sure why these singers need to keep flipping the bird, or having clothing malfunctions when on a huge stage like this. What does it do for them? It has to be a calculated move so they must hope to gain extra atttention from it.

If I were in charge of booking the half time act I'd make them all sign a contract saying they agree not to do those types of things. If they do its a $1,000,000 penalty or whatever amount will get them to take notice.

I'm not sure why these singers need to keep flipping the bird, or having clothing malfunctions when on a huge stage like this. What does it do for them? It has to be a calculated move so they must hope to gain extra atttention from it.

If it had not happened we wouldn't be talking about her this morning. I never even knew who that chick was until right now, I knew the other was Nikki Minage, but I was at a party with 30 other people of all ages and NONE of us knew who she was. Now she will be headline news for the next couple days, maybe even longer if the FCC cracks down on her. A big boost to her career.

Why would anyone who is not a fan of these folks watch it. Same for the Stones or Who or whomever. I have watched all 46 SB games, never seen a halftime or for that matter many commercials. I am not in the market for anything they are selling so why would I pay ant attention to them?

This is a prime example of why God invented the clicker.

Personally I'm not offended by the middle finger either. I'm more offended by some stupid performer thinking they need to do something childish to get extra attention. To me its just selfish and selfishness is a pet peeve of mine. Thats why I say fine the performer, they're the ones acting like children here. I'm sure NBC or the NFL will get fined by the FCC for this but I don't see it being there fault.

I also wish the media and the networks wouldn't make such a big deal about it. The performers only do it because it gets a reaction and in turn gains them more press. If it was ignored there would be nothing to gain from doing it.

Frankly, I am pretty suprised that all we had to be offended by was a simple bird flip. It was Madonna, Niki Minaj, and MIA; not the Partridge Family. Seeing a crass move from any of those 3 is like being offended by a beer being cold after it was pulled out of the fridge.

If NBC and the NFL didn't want to see something like that, they shouldn't have booked them as an act.

Right on the money, McGurk. But sadly, that is how the networks get ratings, ie. money. I just won't buy into any of it yet we all watch them. Fine the act big time!!!! Networks can't control what she might do but now the media hype makes $$$$ for her and for them. Why do our kids have to see that cra#!!!!

I had to watch the video twice to notice the bird flip. Didn't notice it while watching, but i stepped out side for a bit during too. I'm guessing that is something she does when performing that song on other stages. IMO, who cares.

You don't want your kids to see that kind of stuff, change the channel next year. I'm sure they see much worse on a daily basis anyway.

I'd also strongly agree with harvee Lee...Dump it and put money towards food shelf or something similar. Bunch of garbage, never been a fan of the comercials or halftime show...

I'm betting there will be a tweeting station at next years Sbowl. crazy

She got exactly what she wanted. Very few knew who MIA was, and now everyone (including some guys that talk about fishing on the internet) is discussing her.

If we treated it as less of a big deal, this childish stuff would probably just go away.

We call these gestures "Hakstols" over in the hockey forum. It is a primitive form of non-verbal communication that can be understood by referee's, opposing players, coaches, and fans alike. This approach is even effective through plexiglass, which would normally separate players between benches or penalty boxes. Sometimes we even witness the rare "Double Hakstol", as seen in the national semi final game last April at the X smile

These gestures are not very useful in halftime shows broadcasted around the world, especially when employed by second rate entertainers.

Why would anyone who is not a fan of these folks watch it. Same for the Stones or Who or whomever. I have watched all 46 SB games, never seen a halftime or for that matter many commercials. I am not in the market for anything they are selling so why would I pay ant attention to them?

This is a prime example of why God invented the clicker.

You are not in the market for Bud Light?