• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

do most of you bring yourguns inside at night?

hey everyone, what do you do with your guns at night?Me and my hunting crew

disagree on bringing them in at night, i dont,i just leave it in the truck,they bring theres in,i feel that warming the gun up causes moisture to develop ,and potentially rust,at the end of the weekend ill bring it home/inside to warm to room temp then wipe it down,and it works for me,

i was just curious what you all do?

Anyway imagine how pumped we will be a week from now!!!

goodluck to all,

mike.

I usually leave it locked in the back of the truck or in the unheated garage unless I need to clean it. I learned my lesson a long time ago when hunting with a muzzle loader or with a scope you want to keep your gun cool to avoid the condensation.

I leave mine outside mostly out of convenience. I figure if I oil it down regularly as I should it would be okay either way. I suppose the issue of condensation is inviting unnecessary risk though.

Yeras ago we always brought our guns into the cabin at the end of the day. Now we leave them locked in the back of the SUV. In all the years I've hunted, I have never seen any condensation or adverse affects either way. My rifle is about 45 yeras old and still looks like new. I really believe it makes no difference either way if you have a good quality gun and scope.