• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My First Deer

This is my 3rd year deer hunting, all being archery, never toted a gun before. I have had some chances the last couple of years but was never able to close the deal.

With alot of support from my hubby I stuck with it and really thought I was never going to be able to do it, its alot tougher than I thought.

Got to my stand around 4:15 and shortly thereafter the landowner and another person walked right by me(and they never noticed me) to look over something, but I wasn't sure what.

I called my hubby (Rippinlip) and asked if I should stay and he said I should.

About 6pm or so this one and another adult doe came into sight and I tried to stay calm and it all happened so fast. Needless to say when she got to about 15 yards I drew my bow and set the pin on her chest and let one fly.

I texted my hubby again and thought I hit her, we then talked over the phone and he told me to sit tight for a while then get down and check the arrow, which I did and it was covered with RED.... I was thinking Heck Ya..

He came down and after a quick 100 yard or less tracking job, she is now mine!

The landowner came out with us and he was pretty pumped too.

full-32205-12835-dsc00747.jpg

Great shot congrats on your first! Now the next question, did your hubby make you eat the heart???..please tell me atleast the tenderloins were cooked up? wink

No to eating the heart, but the backstraps will be going on the grill in about an hour.

Great shot congrats on your first! Now the next question, did your hubby make you eat the heart???..please tell me atleast the tenderloins were cooked up? wink

The first deer I ever harvested, I ate the heart right there while gutting it. It wasn't very good, but worth it.

Suppose I better chime in too.

Great shot babe, I am so happy you had the stick-to-it attitude!

I just knew in my heart you would succeed.

To all here, Thank You for being there for advice and support!

This is the best site and I am so thankful to be a member!