• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

McNabb to the Vikes ?

Jim Almquist

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Webb move to another offensive skill position now? Can't hurt.

How much did McNabb get? Terms disclosed? I see this move as more of damage control. We're not looking to win a bunch of games, but we don't want to lose 12 with a green rook either. If the stars align with either QB, who knows. I just hope they didn't drop so much coin that the other holes can't be addressed.

I don't see the point to bringing in an aging veteran like McNabb on a team that needs to be thinking about the future. The way I see it, McNabb will mean seven or eight wins instead of five or six, and few or no wins after this season.

The Vikings could have signed a lesser veteran for less $$$ to give Ponder time to learn the position.

Does Webb move to another offensive skill position now? Can't hurt.

How much did McNabb get? Terms disclosed? I see this move as more of damage control. We're not looking to win a bunch of games, but we don't want to lose 12 with a green rook either. If the stars align with either QB, who knows. I just hope they didn't drop so much coin that the other holes can't be addressed.

Damage control?

KFAN had a poll on whether fans wanted him and it was running 75% no to 25% yes.

This all sounds like what a lot of people said about Favre coming to Minnesota. He is too old. We don't need an aging QB. Blah blah blah blah. He seemed to do pretty good his first year here. Not so much the second year, but what can you expect from a "washed up" QB? And if anyone thinks that even for a SECOND that Ponder is a better QB RIGHT NOW than McNabb, I will gladly call you a fool. I will agree that there should be a competition for the starting job....Ponder could surprise us all. But I think there is a 99.9% chance that McNabb would beat him out for the starting job. Really, what is it going to hurt having McNabb throw the ball instead of Ponder? Everyone predicts they wouldn't win many games either way.

This all sounds like what a lot of people said about Favre coming to Minnesota. He is too old. We don't need an aging QB. Blah blah blah blah. He seemed to do pretty good his first year here. Not so much the second year, but what can you expect from a "washed up" QB? And if anyone thinks that even for a SECOND that Ponder is a better QB RIGHT NOW than McNabb, I will gladly call you a fool. I will agree that there should be a competition for the starting job....Ponder could surprise us all. But I think there is a 99.9% chance that McNabb would beat him out for the starting job. Really, what is it going to hurt having McNabb throw the ball instead of Ponder? Everyone predicts they wouldn't win many games either way.

The 2009 team was a QB away from contending for the Super Bowl when Favre signed on. Favre got that very talented veteran team to within a bone-headed INT of the Super Bowl, which Tarvaris Jackson never could/would have done.

The 2011 Vikings probably aren't going to the playoffs, much less the Super Bowl, no matter who takes snaps for them.

Plus, the Vikings drafted Ponder to be their starter for the next ten years or so: why tie up cap space on a veteran who won't make a big difference this season, and will probably not be around by the time the Vikings are good again?

Childress is endorsing the trade, so that right there has to instill LOADS of confidence...

Good luck with that.

The Vikings' player moves are absolutely mind boggling and I don't know why I'm surprised because it happens every year.

So is the team, or the future of the team better off with McNabb? Thats my question! So we will win 8 games this year instead of 6-7. Then in the end, Ponder looses out on a year of experience, we loose a draft pick, plus cap space we could have used to fill a needed hole. I have no doubt McNabb is better then Ponder right now, but what good is that going to be? We will drop a few spots in next years draft with an extra win. I can see going after McNabb if we had a solid team, and we were a veteran QB from being a good team, but the truth is, were not! Even with McNabb, we suck, and have to many holes to fill this year.

What is the plan if McNabb decides he doesn't want to play here??? All the serviceable QBs (the ones the Vikings should have been after anyway) are pretty much gone at this point.

tick, tock...

I dont have a problem with it I guess because I don't think this team is in total rebuild mode. I want to see the final roster. The nucleus of a very good team from 2 years ago is intact and this year, like the bears last year, they have the easier schedule.

The nucleus of a very good team from 2 years ago is intact and this year, like the bears last year, they have the easier schedule.

Not so fast there james_walleye. The Bears have the easiest schedule by far. In fact, the Vikings have the second hardest schedule in the division next to the Lions!

3t. Detroit Lions 133-123-0 .520

10t. Minnesota Vikings 132-124-0 .516

13t. Green Bay Packers 130-126-0 .508

23t. Chicago Bears 125-131-0 .488

I ont have a problem with it I guess because I don't think this team is in total rebuild mode. I want to see the final roster. The nucleus of a very good team from 2 years ago is intact and this year, like the bears last year, they have the easier schedule.

Not rebuilding? Nucleus still intact?

Allowing Sidney Rice to leave is neither of those.

I guess Rice and T-Jack are the new NFL power couple. grin

Sidneys damaged goods after his hip surgery, good riddance.

As for McNabb, I would rather they gone after Orton. Dude put up some very solid numbers last year, was NOT his fault the Broncos defense smelled like a fish market. Yeah they were that bad.

McNub will start, McNub will rip it up, McNub will get hurt, Ponder will step in and be our new franchise QB.

McNub knows how to play some ball, only problem is he's never in very good shape and has bad work ethic. He's football smart though so he can help Ponder, as long as Ponder don't take after his work ethic.

Frasier claimed that they were moving away from the west coast offense and towards an offense similar to Atlanta's, so if McNabb can leave his ego and wheelchair at home it could have potential. Still wondering who they plan on using for WRs.

Getting Vincent in a trade would be the best option, otherwise there's some decent free agents that can help out.

We should have some extra money now that was gonna be used in re-signing Sidney bean. There's also some nice O-line guys out there, couple new O-line guys is probably more valuable then a #1 reciever.

I agree, we need help on O-line more then we need a replacement for Rice. It sucks we lost him, but lets get a couple good linemen and seal up the offense. We can survive a season without a number 1 receiver.