• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New arrow rest

dukhnt

QAD. You can turn your bow up-side-down with an arrow knocked and will not fall off. Don't know if that is going to come into play while hunting, but if you spot and stalk alot, you won't have to worry. Have had mine for about 4 years and haven't had any issues. Just put some new mole skin on last week.

I shoot the Full Contain by Trophy Taker. I looked at the QAD and Ripcord but wanted something a little bit more secure in containing my arrow.

This is what I shoot, and really like it.

I am shooting an Apache right now and really like it plus the price is good at 60 bucks. Last year I shot an Ultra Rest and liked it but wanted to try something different. Might put that back on for hunting before fall.

I shoot a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter on my main bow now. Previous to that I used NAP drop away rests. My backup bow "old bow" has a NAP 4000 I think. Both have worked well for me but are not the latest greatest tech that some guys like.

I have QAD Ultra HD Pros on both my bows and they work great. Also had Whisker Biscuits in the past and they are hard to beat for reliability and simplicity. Don't be talked out of using your WB because it "just isn't cool". You probably won't notice significant speed or accuracy increases with a drop away.

I am looking at getting a arrow rest, the stock one on my Martin Threshold is the cradle type. I had a few occasions that the arrow fell off and made noise (boo! Bought mole skin pronto). In any case, I do spot and stalk so am try to decide between the drop away style (ripcord) or whisker biscuit.

Wow. $103 for ripcord.

The Limb Driver is a great rest. Since it's limb-driven and not attached to the buss cable, the arrow stays on the rest longer and therefore should be more accurate. I love it so far, but as far as accuracy goes - I can't tell any difference between the LD & the Ripcord I had before.

sticknstring - Right now, the only concern I have on this rest is being able to walk around with an arrow nocked and the arrow staying in place. How is this accomplished with this rest? Thanks