• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let's play the game again...

DTro

This is a 7 year old car with almost 100k and was purchased with no warranty. Had we purchased via someone on HSO-Classifieds or HSO-Classifieds we might not have been so lucky.

Dealers have to remember that this is why the consumer buys a used vehicle from the dealer. We are paying a premium for some sense of assurance that the vehicle is not a time bomb. It's good to know that some of them do remember their role in the market.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dealers have to remember that this is why the consumer buys a used vehicle from the dealer. We are paying a premium for some sense of assurance that the vehicle is not a time bomb. It's good to know that some of them do remember their role in the market.

An Impala you wouldn't have piston rings problem at 100k..... wink

Sorry, I couldn't resist..... gringrin

An Impala you wouldn't have piston rings problem at 100k..... wink

Sorry, I couldn't resist..... gringrin

But the check engine light would have been on for the last 30k, The cat would be plugged, the transmission would be going out, the wheel bearings would be howling, the radio would be blank, the ABS light would be on, The drivers side window won't work, The stabilizer bar would be broken, the lower bushings would be shot, the steering shaft would be clunking, and the rear radius arms would just about be rusted out. But it wouldn't have any ring problems! wink

I love every automotive topic comes back to how much GM vehicles suck.

With all do respect to the prostaff here, this is the exact reason I stay out of this forum.

LOL, everyone has their preferences, and the debate of GM/FORD/Dodge/ and thanks to Jer, Toyota, has been going on many years. No one certain model gets picked on, without another one getting picked on. Just like you are passionate about GM's, others are about their make.

You will see Valv promoting Dodge, Airjer promoting Toyota's, and I am a Ford person myself. Pureinsanity is a VW lover as well.

I could care less about how auto manufacturer A,B,C sucks. It's all moving parts to me. Moving parts break, especially if you don't treat them right.

I think Impalas are ugly.

Wife say she wants a Mustang with V8 power and a ragtop, we'll probably drive home with another Toyota.

She's 100% German, so that household quota is filled already (sorry VW)

I'm thinkin Saab. LOL grin

Quote:
But the check engine light would have been on for the last 30k, The cat would be plugged, the transmission would be going out, the wheel bearings would be howling, the radio would be blank, the ABS light would be on, The drivers side window won't work, The stabilizer bar would be broken, the lower bushings would be shot, the steering shaft would be clunking, and the rear radius arms would just about be rusted out. But it wouldn't have any ring problems! wink

As a GM loyalist I thought that was a fantastic come back!... smile Point to Airjer.... grin

I'm thinkin Saab. LOL grin

Hey wait a minute, I do actually have a Saab 9.5!!!! eek

They are actually good safe cars, but beware of the repair parts, besides they were GM products until 2009.

Guys this was a prank, I commented about the Impala just to "pick" on Airjer and DTRO, I knew they were going to debate fiercely on that.

Lets get back to the main issue, it is commendable a dealer will do that for a used car, I will keep this in mind when I know somebody in the market for anything. When I bought my last truck (used) the dealer promised a complete detail since they missed some spots. Do you think they did it when I picked it up the week after ? NO, even after I pointed it out it was part of the deal. Payback from me ? I had 3 friends that were looking for trucks in the next 4 months, and they did not buy from same dealer just because.

Good customer service is NOT a loss of money, it's an investment.

Here's my story..... Totaled my '04 Tahoe a week before Dtro, eerily similar to be honest based on conversations between me and Dtro. Picked up a 2010 Tahoe from a Chev dealer that week as a replacement.

Last week I noticed my Chev gold bowtie emblem on the tailgate was delaminating so I took it in last Thursday to have it replaced. In the process of removing it, they took paint off the tailgate, so back in this Tuesday AM I go to have it repainted and the new emblem applied. They sent me off in an Aveo loaner which is a far cry from a Tahoe, but it should only be for a day is what I was thinking.

FF to tonight, I just got a call that they MAY have my truck ready tomorrow, if not Saturday or Monday. That long for a heat applied emblem that is likely around a $20 piece? Really?

I need my truck to get my boat ready for the Rainy trip next Thursday. Can't really do that with an Aveo.....

Point being, my hands are tied, and this is taxing my time, and all costs that will trickle down somewhere, as this is "warranty work". No wonder new vehicles cost so much...

Quite ironic that a simple Chev emblem is what is driving all this. I'm a GM fan, but this is souring my GM taste a bit....

They call them glorified Toyota's and I know they are good vehicles but your not paying Camera parts prices for that Lexus down the road. Lexus parts can be insanely steep. I think you guy's are so much better off in the long run with something like she had before or a Camry.

my 2 cents

Really? So you can't buy Toyota parts, you have to buy Lexus? I was afraid of that.

Thanks for the heads up. I just assumed they were interchangeable with Toyota.

Mechanically engine/trans yes they are mostly interchangeable. Some other parts are also interchangeable.

I did a water pump on an older 400 the other day. Holy cow was that a nice riding car! Funny story on that one. We gave the customer an estimate on a water pump/timing belt. He decided to save a few bucks and have his buddy do it. It came in right after his buddy did it running rough. His buddy had the belt off one tooth and the owner was charged labor to properly install the belt. Fast forward three months the car comes in with no heat. The coolant was pretty low and there is a bunch of red crusties coming from behind the timing cover. A little exploratory R&I and we found the after market water pump was leaking. We then sold him a O.E. water pump and once again charged him to R&R the timing belt and replace the water pump. Money saved = none! smile

out the door car shopping today. I'll keep my eye out for that model. grin

I actually know a guy up North that has one. It looked very scary. One big roller from a wake boat and you are toast.

Believe it or not, still looking. mad

We did drive sweet Mustang ragtop! Decided it just wasn't going to work as an everyday car though.

She drove a Beetle convertible around for a couple of days. That's a fun little car actually and she was ready to buy that one, but then I did some research. shocked Timing belt every 60k at $1000 a pop, random electrical gremlins, and a not so stellar tranny.....no thanks.

Looking at a Honda Accord and Scion tC on Wed.

Not sure if this falls in the realm of where you are looking but I've had my eye distracted by more than one newer Honda Accord 2 door coupe. Lot of cars on the highway but this one has made me do a double take and then I see Honda on the back and think no way. Good looking car!