• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let's play the game again...

DTro

Your garage got a lot bigger since the last time I seen it Darren smile I love the hospital room divider curtains. Goes well with the car color! Hopefully this car isn't on the list of gas pedals sticking to the floor!

How are you going to pull your boats? Does this mean your boat is for sale?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Nick:

1. It's my wifes, boat not in the equation whatsoever.

2. You've seen my gargage, you know it's not that big smile .

3. Gas pedals don't stick, lazy drivers don't move their floormats out of the way.

Good luck with Am Fam. Up until the beginning of this year they insured both my homes, six vehicles, five trailers, two boats, two fish houses, atv, two life insurance policies and now NOTHING!!!

Got much better insurance for far less...

BTW, totaled for sure. They won't waste time fixing that toy.

I think a silver sequoia would look nice in the garage!

A friend of mine has one, 6-7 years old. It's developed rust near the front windshield, cost to repair $4K at toyota. The dealership told him it's common and they rarely fix it due to the cost. Another friend with a toyota van had an issue with his driver side door. He was out of warranty but talked the dealerhsip down to $2K to replace.

Buy something made and owned in America...

A friend of mine has one, 6-7 years old. It's developed rust near the front windshield, cost to repair $4K at toyota. The dealership told him it's common and they rarely fix it due to the cost. Another friend with a toyota van had an issue with his driver side door. He was out of warranty but talked the dealerhsip down to $2K to replace.

Buy something made and owned in America...

Funny I have a 6-7 year old American made 300M in the shop right know that's getting $3000 dollars in mechanical repairs. So I guess I don't understand where you are coming from Dougger?

Its Minnesota and cars rust. They all rust at some time! So all those late 90's GM sedans that had the rotted out rockers don't count. How about all those GM pickups with the rusted out rockers, doors cab corners, cab mounts? How about those older Suburbans, Show me one that doesn't have half the body missing from rust!

810720BentFrame_00000037295.jpg

The result of using the vehicle lift improperly by a shop tech.

This pickup was used by a mobile car detailing business. In the back was a generator, buffers, vacuum cleaner and a 100 gallon water tank. Estimated extra weight was 2,600 lbs. The darkened glass on the shell make it impossible to see inside.

To be Fair~ smile

I'll never forget the day at my buddies shop when a brand spanking new 1996 GM 3/4 ton snapped in half on the hoist....DOH!

GM blamed it on my friend for incorrectly lifting the vehicle....LOL.

Long story short when the laws changed and you needed to have the gas tanks inside the frame because of side impact problems GM in some of there 3/4 tons F'd up in there engineering. They ended up adding supports to the side of the frames for the short term fix "new frame for this one" and went with another frame plan for future veicles..

wink

fru.jpg

Houston we have a problem .... it was pretty funny GM had 2 separate vechiles at the shop within 15 minutes of this anomaly ...... they even tried to get my friends camera from him....:)

72632899.jpg

It had nothing to do with improbably lifting the vehicle at least 10 of these went down on dealer hoists. The GM people told my buddy never lift a truck with a topper on it...LOL

They really tried to screw my friend and the owner of the truck over. My friends friend actually hired a engineer at 300 an hour to get to the problem and he did.

GM paid every time in this case but they did screw quite few people over on this one.

Here’s an interesting twist to my story.

So, we bought an ’04 Solara with 92K for basically a swap of our insurance check at Inver Grove Toyota.

A couple of days went by and my wife was transferring all her personal stuff into the car and found some used spark plugs shoved into a piece of cardboard in the trunk along with a couple of oil filters. I took a look at the plugs and one looked to be in real tough shape. At this point I had no idea where they came from or who had changed them. But it was a little worrisome.

Fast forward about a week and I was talking to my wife on her way home from work and asked about her car. She said, “well, funny you mention it because my oil light just came on”. I told her to stop and immediately put some oil in it, so she did. When she got home, I checked and it was really low, so at that point I needed a base to start with, so I drained the oil and filled with new. She ran it about 500 miles and it was a quart low again. So I again made sure there were no leaks anywhere and put more oil in and I knew at that point there could be trouble brewing.

A couple of days later she calls me and says the check engine light is on, so at that point I told her to just bring it to the dealer (we bought it from) and have em check it out. Well it turns out the check engine light was for an O2 sensor that they agree to replace at no cost and then they wanted to start an oil monitoring thing, so they filled it up (quart low again) and we were on our way.

So now last night was the 500 mile mark and she brought it in. I didn’t go, but I was told they did some testing and would get back to us today.

Well, I just talked to my wife and they said the motor would need a complete tear down (I’m guessing bad ring or rings). Here’s the cool part. They agreed to buy it back at full price and if we cannot find something at their lot they would provide a car until we found something. This is a 7 year old car with almost 100k and was purchased with no warranty. Had we purchased via someone on HSO-Classifieds or HSO-Classifieds we might not have been so lucky.

I just wanted to give them a thumbs up and put in a good word for Inver Grove Toyota.

WOW! That is awesome you got that kind of customer service, especially on something that could have been a huge expense.

I bought a car last summer that the internet advertising said had a 6-disc CD changer, the window sticker said had a 6-disc CD changer and the salesman said had a 6-disc CD changer. Well, I didn't have any CD's at the time to test it out so I figured I would trust what I was told. Low and behold, once I had some CD's it was only a single disc player. Called the dealership, talk to the salesman then talked to the general manager. I was basically told T.S. The G.M. told me it was my responsibility to make sure it had the advertised equipment and the dealer wasn't liable for the window sticker, internet advertisement or the salesman's word. crazy

I filed a complaint with the BBB but that went nowhere. So, your story is good to hear that there are still good businesses that stand by their "product".

Dtro, glad to hear about the good customer service. It is nice to know that there are still people out there doing it the right way these days

It had nothing to do with improbably lifting the vehicle at least 10 of these went down on dealer hoists. The GM people told my buddy never lift a truck with a topper on it...LOL

They really tried to screw my friend and the owner of the truck over. My friends friend actually hired a engineer at 300 an hour to get to the problem and he did.

GM paid every time in this case but they did screw quite few people over on this one.

I sure am glad GM is using tax payers dollars for instances like this... Makes you feel good to be an American, doesn't it?