• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mathews Z7 yay or nay?

Laska

If you look around in here you'll see I had a post about this like three weeks ago??. Know I can say im the proud onwer of a Z7. The most impressive thing I like is the suuuuuper smooth draw, evan when i turn it up to 70 lbs. Like you said I shot alot of hoyts maxxis ....ect and nothing would come close to this bow. Not to mention the next day i could hit a grapefruit at sixty yards. grin Seems to me mathews really hit a home run with this bow and i have zero regrets about buying mine.

this is my opinion there are two kinds of bow hunters Mathews guys and the other guys. Either you love them or hate them, guys that have a mathews swear by them, personally i could never shoot them just doesn't fit me that's why best bet is hit up a pro shop and take a few shots with one.

this is my opinion there are two kinds of bow hunters Mathews guys and the other guys. Either you love them or hate them

Isn't that the truth, kind of like polaris atv guys!! Nothing wrong with thinking outside the box, you may be surprised!! Shoot them all and go with what works for you.

The Z7 is by far the best bow out there, It is 10 steps ahead of everything out there. I did hear that they have something amazing coming out next year though, but find it very hard to belive it can be much better than the z7!

The Z7 is by far the best bow out there, It is 10 steps ahead of everything out there. I did hear that they have something amazing coming out next year though, but find it very hard to belive it can be much better than the z7!

See what we mean!!! haha!! The mathews guys got it all!! haha

I did hear that they have something amazing coming out next year though, but find it very hard to belive it can be much better than the z7!

Maybe a new dampner!? Just kidding of course, do take some time and try the new Destroyer 340/350 since your looking at high end bows. By trying other bows it might confirm that you REALLY like Mathews or "oh" there are other bows out there that shoot just the same if not better for 1/3 the price....just my .02

mr

this is my opinion there are two kinds of bow hunters Mathews guys and the other guys. Either you love them or hate them, guys that have a mathews swear by them, personally i could never shoot them just doesn't fit me that's why best bet is hit up a pro shop and take a few shots with one.

I was never a Mathews guy until I shot one this year. I also shot the Maxxis and really liked that too but I thought the Z7 was just a little smoother and quieter. I've heard a lot of good things about the newest Bowtech but the nearest dealer was 40 miles away and I wanted to buy a little closer to home.

Like some of the other guys said, shoot them all if you can. There's a lot of really sweet bows out there.

Z7 is an amazing bow. FAST!!! Smooth, quite, pretty close to perfect I'd say. Only downfall is the price, but all bow mfg are charging in the same ballpark so really if your looking for a flagship bow this is the one in my opinion.

New Mathews will be available about the beginning of December. Talked to Marty at Archery Headquarters last week and he said he hasn't heard anything.

Good luck

Thanks for all the help guys much appreciated, I couldn't believe how quiet is was compared to the hoyt and maxxis I shot, pull was smooth. and even tho it didn't have sights on it- I shot dead center bullseye- not bad imo. Anyone know of some great sights I would put on it, thinkin a 5 pin would suit me well. Price doesn't matter much considering what bow I want.

I have been a Mathews fan for a long time.

I do not believe I will ever change to another brand. I have been that happy with thier performance.

I believe all the guys I hunt with also shoot a Mathews. I am sure there are other brands that work well. I use to shoot a long time ago a PSE and it killed alot of deer for me. I am sure it would still whack a deer well if I was still using it.

I think the best value in these new bows is the quietness and ease of shooting. Yes they do shoot faster but when a person is shooting at close range, I do not feel that the increase in speed is that big of a deal unless one is shooting at longer distances as a pin will hold out farther.