• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

my season is complete!

I decided to hunt saturday night even though the temps were near ninety. my 10 year old step-son and my 6 year old son accompanied me to the ground blind. As I am sure you are all well aware it was HOT! 90 in the blind according to the thermeter on my phone. We got in the blind about 5 o'clock by 5:15 my six year old was growing restless by 5:30 he was beside himself. He finally sat still long enough for me to hear a twig snap. I let him know that there was something moving and that he needed to sit still. it worked he sat totally still. For about oh 5 minutes. The 10 year old is a die hard he sat still and quiet the whole time he will be quite the hunter in a few more years. About 6:20 I heard the sound of something moving closer. I had the shoot through mesh on the windows and couldnt see the direction the sounds were coming from so I stood up to look stuck my face up to the mesh to take a look and whoa! there she is about five feet from the blind I sat down quick and motioned for the boys to be quiet and still. She took about a minute to work her way in front of the window. THAWAK! The boys came unglued I was thinking they were going to take the roof out with there jumping and high fives. I tried explaning the need to remain quiet after the shot to no avail. We waited about twenty minutes (no wear near long enough) and climbed out to get some air. Found my arrow rite away I seen the arrow go in and new it was a good shot. my arrow confirmed covered in nice pink foamy blood. We walked down to the house and got the fourwheeler and headed back up to retrieve her. she only went about 40 yds and piled up. the boys were stoked especially my 6yr old. So after three years of trying to score while he was with I finally acomplished our goal. I will now hunt alone through the rut trying mybest to shoot a buck but this year more than others if a shooter buck never shows I have a great memory of one of the most rewarding hunts I will ever have.full-24644-2000-jackshunt012.jpg

full-24644-2002-jackshunt019.jpg

full-24644-2003-jackshunt018.jpg

Great job Bottom Bouncer! I did the same with my 9 year old last year in a tree stand. Now it's my 13 year olds turn to do it himself. I can't wait to see him arrow his first! Gotta love the way the boys are restless and moving but when you mention that you hear something, they turn into hunters! Great story.

Great story, can't wait to get my kids in the woods. The two year old comes "hunting" with me now but that usually consists of us walking the woods behind the house looking at tracks or short scouting trips in the truck, not real hunting but I think we both love it.

Thanks guys it was awesome! musky at first the kids were more thrilled. I knew as soon as I let the arrow fly it was going to be a late night in the garage because of the warm temps. After we had her hanging in the garage then it sank home as to what we had acomplished. I have dedicated the past three early seasons to acheiving this have had 1 to three of the kids with me every weekend untill about mid october wich those of you who have brought there kids with know can at times be very trying. for those of you who have been bringing there kids with them but have yet to harvest a deer in there presence keep at it. I have never seen my youngest face light up the way it did in the blind I will never forget this moment the arrow went whack and he was hootin and hollerin.