• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2010

DTro

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another week and a half til the contest starts. Although with the flood waters, and water temps yet, I think it will be mid April before I target flats heavily. That will give me some time to chase sheephead and carp, and to load up on bait.

Man I really need to get my boat drug out of storage....Some serious work needs to be done still to convert it from it's duck hunt look to cat chasing mode....Although maybe leaving the blind on would give me a super stealth advantage?

New guy here, my name is Blake. I am very interested in your tourny, I followed the external link to the KOTC HSOforum, couldnt find a sign up area.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

You might have to supply your own bucket laugh

Also, I have mulitples of each prize, plus that's not including the custom rod, or the custom steel rules. I hope to get pictures of those sometime soon (hint hint wink )

This will be a fun year!

Just a few days before the contest starts!

This is what Andy says about the custom rod with a sneak peak:

“From the butt, up 3/5th is graphite over E glass and then E glass out to the tip. These blanks have the softest (slowest) tips with the most lifting power of any blank I have seen. The last ½ is tough. The weight is a lot lighter then an all E glass blank.

This is the 7’ C-cat model. It will come in a C-cat and Flat model 7’ and 8’. The handle is my new X-Grip and the last 12” of the tip is white glow. H ring guides for the super lines and it is casting built in a spiral wrap.

Some lucky KOTCer will have a nice rig”

And the grip:

“The best way a can describe it is textures rubber. Its cat proof, you have a great grip on it even if it is wet or slimy. It is a new product that was designed with salt water anglers in mind. I love cork but it gets beat up and it is getting expensive and hard to find quality. EVA foam is alright but it is porous and can absorb slime and start to smell like old bait. Cord wrapped handles soak up more then EVA foam. I can add this to existing rods if anyone has grips that have seen better days.”

KOTCRod001.jpg

You will be required to enter at least 3 fish of either species to qualify for any of the prizes.

I look forward to seeing your entries.

Good Luck!

Awesome! Last year I watched this and drooled the whole time at how nice the cats were that you all were catching. After a month I figured I would never catch up anyways so I never entered anything. This year I will be going for the gold! Good luck everyone, and hope the 10" bullhead law comes fast!

I have turkey hunting coming up so I wont be able to fish till about the first weekend in May.

So no signup right? Just bring control picture with and submit picture?

Exactly. Also, the last couple years have been just "email the picture", which can be a pain because of the inconsistent format of the entries, missing data, etc. This year, we have a new submission webpage where you can put all of the pertinent information and upload your picture. If you could PLEASE use the submission HSOforum instead of emailing, that will help a lot.

Thanks!

-Brian