• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2010

DTro

I would like to invite all you cat guys and gals to participate in what has become a big part of my cat fishing season. It’s called the King of the Cats fishing contest. The past few years have been a lot of fun and I look forward in continuing with that tradition.

If it sounds like something you might be interested in, please take a couple of minutes to check out the site and read the rules and see all the pictures of the past winners.

www.kingofthecats.org

We have a few nice prizes this year which includes a package of various items from Driftmaster rod holders, Custom engraved rulers donated by Brad Durick Outdoors, a custom handcrafted fishing rod donated by AW.Wolfram custom rods, and hopefully a few more to be added at a later date.

Best of all is that it’s free to enter.

Thanks and good luck to all the catters this season and hope to see your participation.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job again Darren on getting this going. I will not be signing up this season as I plan on hitting the lakes a bit more.

For anyone looking to have a summer full of fun, check this King of the Cats out. Its alot of fun. A great bunch of cat guys are involved.

I had the most fun fishing the river that I ever have last season and I cant wait for this season to start boats in the shop and getting it ready for cattin. Thanks DTro and all how make this work and good luck to everyone who participates and that goes for you too Hotpocket laugh

There was a pretty close race towards the end. I was getting a little nervous.

You guys better be nervous this year. I have suffered through my last 6th place finish - All you Kings are about to be dethroned. I'm an old retired guy with nothing but time for fishing. I'm setting up the battleship so I can sleep right on the top of my favorite cat spots. I plan on having hooks in the water almost 24/7. I'll probably smell like cut bait and cat slime but I hope to have some pretty KOTC photos to show for the effort. It's time to make some new Kings - Long live the Kings.

I will have a little spare time on my hands this summer as well. I plan on spending a little more time on the water then I did last year. Last year after the middle of Aug. I only fished a few times, due to low water. This year, I will not let that effect me. I got the green light from the wife, to fish much as I want, she don't care, so I will shocked

Looks like the smack talk is starting already grin

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes
There was a pretty close race towards the end. I was getting a little nervous.

You guys better be nervous this year. I have suffered through my last 6th place finish - All you Kings are about to be dethroned. I'm an old retired guy with nothing but time for fishing. I'm setting up the battleship so I can sleep right on the top of my favorite cat spots. I plan on having hooks in the water almost 24/7. I'll probably smell like cut bait and cat slime but I hope to have some pretty KOTC photos to show for the effort. It's time to make some new Kings - Long live the Kings.

Don't make us take your Geritol away... whistle

We should probably get the Discovery channel in on this... this has the makings for Deadliest Catch rival... with all the captains and boats out there. Lets see..... I'll be Sig... who will be Phil????

Best luck to the group....

Geritol.....

no you didn't grin

Thanks Larry, you just raised the bar to 220" to qualify. madlaugh

If I remeber right, those Deadliest Catch guys always got together at the begining of the season to have some spirits and make a few bets whistle

If I remeber right, those Deadliest Catch guys always got together at the begining of the season to have some spirits and make a few bets whistle

I'll have a Geritol on the rocks. Geritol isn't one of those male enhancement things that gives you a 4 hour woody is it? I don't want that to happen -

Dtro, Would love to be signed up for KOTC this year, Unfortunately i do not have a computer at home, and cannot access the new KOTC HSOforum that you emailed me to signup from work (its blocked). COuld you please sign me up, and hopefully i'll have a comp at home by the end of the year.

Originally Posted By: dtro

I'll have a Geritol on the rocks. Geritol isn't one of those male enhancement things that gives you a 4 hour woody is it? I don't want that to happen -

I don't think anyone would want that to happen with us on the Battle Ship...What you do on your own time is your deal... shocked

And don't be thinking your gonna be sneaking one of your famous "CAT TIP OF DAY..... GERITOL 4 HOUR ROD ENHANCMENT TO BANG THE BIG ONE"... oopps I mean BAG THE BIG ONE...Sonny whistle

A little pre wager GTG might be fun as DTRO mentioned.

As wastewaterguru would say, "no swordfighting allowed in the boat"

Originally Posted By: dtro

Steve I figured you for a Geritol shaken not stirred kinda guy whistle

and you gave me a hard time for haveing reclining chairs in my boat grin

Hi Gordy - this last month until the cat bite starts is the pits isn't it. I'll be glad when every waking moment is spent chasing cats instead of sitting at this blasted computer talking about cats. I got out on Pool 3 last Saturday with Darren for a couple of hours but we didn't have any luck. Water was low and there was little current flow plus the water was still a cool 36 degrees. I'm hoping this rain and melt brings the water up a bit and warms things about another 5 degrees or so to get things started. Next week looks good if the forecast holds up. I'm hoping to find fish early and get a pattern going so I can get a jump on you guys right away on 1 April. Wear your KOTC crown proudly - I'm after you starting 1 April.

I seamed to have gotten a new crown from some buddy on another site. and its got me fired up for the big cats and I'm gonna try and give Hot pocket a run for the title this year I no hes already started putting together a pattern on the flatties. I hope to tie into a couple of kittys this weekend on P4.

I really would like to get on the croix sometime with you again. that was fun.